Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japanese Black Pine - Before and After

+4
Pavel Slovák
JimLewis
Rick Moquin
thomasj
8 posters

Go down

Japanese Black Pine - Before and After Empty Japanese Black Pine - Before and After

Post  thomasj Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:37 pm

I picked up this little guy near the end of summer and could hardly wait to do the fall work of wiring and plucking. It's a very healthy tree and not very old I'm assuming because the branches don't have that nice old looking bark yet. I'm also thinking of repotting in a round pot this time. Smile
Japanese Black Pine - Before and After Jbp512

Japanese Black Pine - Before and After Jbpost10

Japanese Black Pine - Before and After Jbpost11
thomasj
thomasj

Back to top Go down

Japanese Black Pine - Before and After Empty Re: Japanese Black Pine - Before and After

Post  Rick Moquin Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Nice work Thomas. I like the way you brought the branch down to camouflage some of the euro, which I find a little overwhelming for such a small tree when in plain view.
Rick Moquin
Rick Moquin

Back to top Go down

Japanese Black Pine - Before and After Empty Re: Japanese Black Pine - Before and After

Post  JimLewis Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Someone needs to suggest a better pot, though. It's too nice a tree for that pot.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  thomasj Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Someone needs to suggest a better pot, though. It's too nice a tree for that pot[quote

Yeah as I mentioned in the original post, I would like to repot it in a round pot if I can find the right one. Either way it will definetly be going in something else.

As for that big wound that's sealed up, it was the one thing that paused me on buying the tree for a while, but I eventually bought it simply because the tree was too good to pass up because of something so ugly. The wound wasn't sealed when I bought the tree so I began to sear the area that was starting to close which wasn't very much, and hopefully it won't take but a few years to close up. Laughing
thomasj
thomasj

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi Thomas.

Very nice development. Wound on the trunk overgrown. It takes time.
I tried the virtual, how to hide the wound, and I think increasing elegance.
Japanese Black Pine - Before and After Jbpost10
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:50 pm

thomas your work and little pine's have reached a very high standard. its been great education following your work over the last few years. thanks for sharing! cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:12 pm

Rick Moquin wrote:...to camouflage some of the euro, ...

Here in France, the best camouflage for euros is Switzerland. Laughing
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  jjbacoomba Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:07 am

LOL I was wondering what a euro was.
jjbacoomba
jjbacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaistud Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:48 am

Nice job Pavel...and, now for the pot...

Wonderful little baby Thomas...

Pat
bonsaistud
bonsaistud

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down