Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Blue Star" Juniper?

+4
JimLewis
bonsaisr
Dave Murphy
sitarbonsai
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"Blue Star" Juniper? - Page 2 Empty Re: "Blue Star" Juniper?

Post  sitarbonsai Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:58 pm

EdMerc wrote:
Rick Moquin wrote: What does a "Bald Cypress" have to do with this particular thread?

I thought my post was clear. Why the confusion? Justin is new to bonsai, and as such, I imagine new to trees as well. When you you make the statement "Cypress don't bud back" this can easily confuse someone into thinking this includes bald cypress. The most common tree you are likely to find in a Florida nursery with the word "cypress" attached to it.

Had you said that Chamaecyparis don't bud back then there would not have been a clarification on my part. My post was not meant for you, but for the young mans edification.

Thanks,
Ed

Smile I'm not really new to trees, but I didn't know about the Bald Cypress not being a cypress, and actually a deciduous conifer. I'm glad to have found out.
Thanks,

Justin
sitarbonsai
sitarbonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Moquin Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:13 pm

[quote="Jay Gaydosh"]
EdMerc wrote:
Rick Moquin wrote: Had you said that Chamaecyparis don't bud back then there would not have been a clarification on my part.

I have one Chamaecyparis. In reading up on the specifics on this tree I was puzzled to find Chamaecyparis is listed as not budding on old wood. The reason I'm puzzled is because mMine has budded on the main truck. Once up by the bottom 2 branches and one by the base of the trunk. Now I'm not one to argue with them what knows their trees better than moi... but I do remain puzzled!

I'll see if I can find photos.

Jay

Jay,

Please go back and read my post. You quoted Ed, not me. This is what I said...

<<Although certain Chamaecyparis cultivars will back bud on old wood, it is safer to say that none of them do. That way there we are not disappointed when they don't and just plain happy if they do. Having said that, the % is so small that it is negligible and hence why we can safely say that "Chamaecyparis" do not back bud on old wood.>>
Rick Moquin
Rick Moquin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:18 pm

Rick, I wasn't concentrating on the who in the quote, but the quote itself. It was a matter of selective pruning of the quote and I missed a branch. It wasn't that important.
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2