comedy genius.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

comedy genius.

Post  bobby little on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:51 pm

might be a touch baffling for anybody who doesn't come from a 30 mile radius of newcastle Very Happy

the little waster

bobby little
Member


Back to top Go down

comedy genius.

Post  graham walker on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:09 pm

Great wee man!!!!

Graham

graham walker
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  rock on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:02 pm

The people seem to think he is funny. So what language is that ? I'm confused


rock
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Bloody hilarious Bobby Very Happy Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bobby little on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Rock wrote:The people seem to think he is funny. So what language is that ? I'm confused



it's the regional accent / dialect of the north east of england. mind you, there's a diversity of accents even within the region, so much so that if you accused me of having the same accent as little bobby there, I'd be most upset, because he's more from sunderland / county durham way, and I'm pure tyneside, so there is a big difference. To us anyway. just out of interst, that clip was flimed at Percy Main working man's club (C.I.U. affiliated obviously) in Gateshead. Ridley and Tony Scott are from Percy Main. It's quite likely that some of the audience ther are related to them. Canny.

Glad you enjoyed it Will. Ther's a dvd available of it, with his war 'memoirs' too.

bobby little
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bigsteve on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:14 pm

I have got a Bobby thompson LPsaw him 3 or 4 times and met the man -legend and speaks the right language

bigsteve
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bobby little on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:49 pm

bigsteve wrote:I have got a Bobby thompson LPsaw him 3 or 4 times and met the man -legend and speaks the right language

where you from then? Blaydon myself.

bobby little
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bigsteve on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:02 am

bobby little wrote:
bigsteve wrote:I have got a Bobby thompson LPsaw him 3 or 4 times and met the man -legend and speaks the right language

where you from then? Blaydon myself.
easington ,co durham- came to london for the work

bigsteve
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  fiona on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:43 am

Ah Steve. I've forgiven you for absolutely anything and everything you may have done, will do or have even thought about doing wrong in your life now that I know you are a Northerner.

I might even forgive you the Edinburgh is in England thing. Wait, no. I was happy about that. We don't want Edinburgh up here - they put brown sauce on their chips instead of vinegar. A heinous crime!

_________________
"Espouse elucidation"
_____________________________________

my website

fiona
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bigsteve on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:51 am

fiona wrote:Ah Steve. I've forgiven you for absolutely anything and everything you may have done, will do or have even thought about doing wrong in your life now that I know you are a Northerner.

I might even forgive you the Edinburgh is in England thing. Wait, no. I was happy about that. We don't want Edinburgh up here - they put brown sauce on their chips instead of vinegar. A heinous crime!

well thank you kind lady but you can keep edinburgh
and i agree the chips thing is almost a hanging offence.
salt - vinegar only - i go to a chippie in seaton carew where the chips are cooked in beef dripping absolute heaven.

bigsteve
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bobby little on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:27 am

bigsteve wrote:
bobby little wrote:
bigsteve wrote:I have got a Bobby thompson LPsaw him 3 or 4 times and met the man -legend and speaks the right language

where you from then? Blaydon myself.
easington ,co durham- came to london for the work

steve harper's an easington lad isn't he? tell you what does my nut in about chip shops outside the north is that you can't get fckn batter scraps on your chips (bobby thompson reference again there Bigsteve) what a bloody disgrace. they look at you like you've just farted when you ask for them. got my local chippy in coventry trained now though.

bobby little
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  fiona on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:23 am

Chips cooked in beef dripping eh? Ah happy days. 'though it breaks every heathy eating warning under the sun nowadays, you still can't beat it for taste can you?

Talking of days gone by: before health and safety guidelines spoiled the great British tradition of wrapping chips in newspaper, I happened to find myself in an Edinburgh chippy which obviously had ideas well above its station as a gastronomic paradise. Quite apart from them looking at me as if I'd beamed in from the planet of the Oiks when I insisted on vinegar instead of sauce, I received my chips all parcelled up in a copy of ...

...the Financial Times.

Only in Edinburgh.

_________________
"Espouse elucidation"
_____________________________________

my website

fiona
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  Guest on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:08 pm

bobby little wrote:
bigsteve wrote:
bobby little wrote:
bigsteve wrote:I have got a Bobby thompson LPsaw him 3 or 4 times and met the man -legend and speaks the right language

where you from then? Blaydon myself.
easington ,co durham- came to london for the work

steve harper's an easington lad isn't he? tell you what does my nut in about chip shops outside the north is that you can't get fckn batter scraps on your chips (bobby thompson reference again there Bigsteve) what a bloody disgrace. they look at you like you've just farted when you ask for them. got my local chippy in coventry trained now though.

Must be a Midlands thing. Fish and chips cooked in lard and batter scraps, every where in Suffolk bounce bounce
Did a demo in Sheffield once, Fiona. Does that make me a Northerner? Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bigsteve on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Will
to become a northerer it not just a matter of visiiting there - its a way of thinking ,its the way you look at life,its the way you view life and more importantly how much are you going to pay us to accept you!!!!!

bigsteve
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bigsteve on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Corned beef pattie x 2 portion of chips with scraps and a mug of tea with a stotty cake to make a sarnie - now i am homesick - sob.......

bigsteve
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bobby little on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:29 pm

bigsteve wrote:Corned beef pattie x 2 portion of chips with scraps and a mug of tea with a stotty cake to make a sarnie - now i am homesick - sob.......

STOP!! STOP!! It's too much to bear Mad

bobby little
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  fiona on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Cue the brass band....

_________________
"Espouse elucidation"
_____________________________________

my website

fiona
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bigsteve on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:42 pm

fiona wrote:Cue the brass band....
playing jerusalem..........

bigsteve
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  Guest on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:55 pm

bigsteve wrote:Will
to become a northerer it not just a matter of visiiting there

I used to and still do drink, Newcastle Brown, or Nuclear brown.. Twisted Evil Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  fiona on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:39 pm

I had a very bad experience with some of that and a prawn curry in 1977. Haven't been able to touch either since.

Dangerous things them thar prawn curries! Wink

_________________
"Espouse elucidation"
_____________________________________

my website

fiona
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 am

I have a similar experience every time as well, but I still drink it. Does that make me a northerner? drunken

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bobby little on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:16 pm

I wouldn't drink that pishwatta for a pension.

bobby little
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:53 pm

bobby little wrote:I wouldn't drink that pishwatta for a pension.

Dont tell me its Stella Artoir....PLEASE. Or "wife beater", as its affectionatly called in the Court's

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bobby little on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:25 pm

will baddeley wrote:
bobby little wrote:I wouldn't drink that pishwatta for a pension.

Dont tell me its Stella Artoir....PLEASE. Or "wife beater", as its affectionatly called in the Court's

nah, was referring to 'the dog' or broon ale. so called as in ' I'm just away to tek the derg fer a waalk pet'. Cool

bobby little
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  bigsteve on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Newky Broon!!! - dear me Will when will you learn

bigsteve
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: comedy genius.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:51 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum