Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

biiig pine

+5
Rob Kempinski
dorothy7774
Kev Bailey
Vance Wood
mariowabisabi
9 posters

Go down

biiig pine Empty biiig pine

Post  mariowabisabi Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:10 pm

hi , just quick rest of vallejos pinus sylvestris. more photos on https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=167638&id=762437501&l=c92464c4c9
all the best in new year and merry x mass for all of you.
biiig pine Before11
biiig pine After11
biiig pine Kasito10

Last edited by mariowabisabi on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

mariowabisabi

Back to top Go down

biiig pine Empty Re: biiig pine

Post  Vance Wood Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Very nice grooming and transformation. I would love to see the tree from the base up and in a decent pot.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Immaculate wiring and styling. That is one healthy and very attractive Pine. I too look forward to seeing it potted.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Merry Christmas to you too, Mario! Niiice pine. Who is the guy to your right ? biiig pine Suspect

-dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Nice tree - I wonder if it would look better without the first branch on the right which awkwardly crosses in front of the trunk as in the virt.

biiig pine Scots_10
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi Mario. Very beautiful work. Very nice Pine.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year wishes you Pavel Slovák. santa

www.bonsaivigi.cz
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  mariowabisabi Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:01 pm

hey guys, you can see more photos of this tree on my facebook page. thanks for comments also. and now to answer about to cut the right branch. first of all this branch is in my opinion untouchable coz it was like this from beginning. it grew like this in the nature and in this exact example, it is a bunjin style more free of rules so it is not necessary to remove it. moreover the lower part is very long and quite straight so it is better to keep this branch (pads) to cover a part of the trunk, reducing the lenght optically. Plus if this branch was removed, the balance would be too much on the left, so keeping the right branch also evens out the balance a little more. i know the rules but sometimes we dont need to stick to them so strictly. everything depends on the tree and its history. if there is a chance early on in the development of a bonsai, then try more to follow the rules, but very old yamadori, or very developed mature trees don't always have to follow rules. well that is all about it. good luck

mariowabisabi

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:16 pm

Mario,
Thanks for sharing. Aside from a very lovely tree, your wiring technique is excellent. For those of you who have not seen the facebook photos Mario referred to...go check them out....They are a good technical point of reference considering wiring & branch placement, etc...

Merry Christmas.
Neil

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:56 pm

mariowabisabi wrote:hey guys, you can see more photos of this tree on my facebook page. thanks for comments also. and now to answer about to cut the right branch. first of all this branch is in my opinion untouchable coz it was like this from beginning. it grew like this in the nature and in this exact example, it is a bunjin style more free of rules so it is not necessary to remove it. moreover the lower part is very long and quite straight so it is better to keep this branch (pads) to cover a part of the trunk, reducing the lenght optically. Plus if this branch was removed, the balance would be too much on the left, so keeping the right branch also evens out the balance a little more. i know the rules but sometimes we dont need to stick to them so strictly. everything depends on the tree and its history. if there is a chance early on in the development of a bonsai, then try more to follow the rules, but very old yamadori, or very developed mature trees don't always have to follow rules. well that is all about it. good luck

Once I saw the size of the full tree I agree it needs something to the right. However the branch is pretty ugly - yet ugly is ok sometimes. The real problem is the tree is too tall. If you could figure out a way to make it shorter that would be great.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  gman Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi Mario,
I really like the tree (reminds me of the ponderosa pines around my brothers place in the interior of BC - yes we have them in Canada.... eh!)......especially the way you've added to it's natural and original design, as discussed the weigth and forces to the left have to be balanced somehow so the branch is required IMO. Would a larger rectangular pot with the tree placed to the right help to balance the tree?
Sorry not a facebook kinda guy.......... so do you have a blog or website?
Cheers and Merry Xmas to all.
Graham
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:54 pm

merry christmas mario! thanks for sharing. this tree is brilliant in every detail. cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down