Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's a lovely day TODAY

+5
graham walker
fiona
bobby little
John Quinn
JimLewis
9 posters

Go down

It's a lovely day TODAY Empty It's a lovely day TODAY

Post  JimLewis Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:15 pm

But yesterday was pretty dreary. Eight inches. I suspect that's a near record for my little town. It's a lovely day TODAY Bonsai10

It's a lovely day TODAY Rollin10

It's a lovely day TODAY House_10

It's a lovely day TODAY Dickie10
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

It's a lovely day TODAY Empty Re: It's a lovely day TODAY

Post  John Quinn Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Pretty...all that's missing are the Budweiser Clydesdales! Cool
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:03 pm

this is a far cry from inner city coventry It's a lovely day TODAY Icon_sad
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:12 pm

Yeah. I gave up on cities several years ago.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:21 pm

JimLewis wrote:Yeah. I gave up on cities several years ago.
Good call, Jim. If/when our Lottery numbers come up that's exactly what we'll be doing too.

btw Just to show how much of a townie I still am though, I did breathe a sigh of relief when I got to your fourth photo as the brown horse was up and around, having been a tad concerned in the earlier pic when it was lying on its back with its legs in the air.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:03 pm

fiona wrote:
JimLewis wrote:Yeah. I gave up on cities several years ago.
Good call, Jim. If/when our Lottery numbers come up that's exactly what we'll be doing too.

btw Just to show how much of a townie I still am though, I did breathe a sigh of relief when I got to your fourth photo as the brown horse was up and around, having been a tad concerned in the earlier pic when it was lying on its back with its legs in the air.

my dog does that. very alarming.
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:43 pm

They'd been up in the stalls all day yesterday and last night when it was snowing and blowing, and they wanted to roll as soon as they went out today. The white one is Charles Dickens. (We used to have Little Nell.) The brown one is Maggie. This is Dickie's first snow. Maggie came to us from Ohio so she's a vet.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  graham walker Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Jim,
Is snow usual in North Carolina at this time of year?
We are in middle of snowstorm here in North Yporkshire, about 3'' fallen to date
Graham

graham walker

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:33 pm

surely you have a pack of big hairy happy boisterous dogs to gambol around in all that lovely space?
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Murphy Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:59 pm

The snow storm that gave Jim his 8 inches is setting records for December snowfall up and down the East coast of the U.S...between 1 and 2 feet from Washington D.C. to Boston, some places getting more. We got over 2 inches of rain and temps just above freezing here in Georgia...yuk.

Dave

Dave Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:36 pm

Dave Murphy wrote:The snow storm that gave Jim his 8 inches ...
Ah! Alas... I can only dream of that.

What's that? I was talking about our lack of snowfall in Scotland. What are you thinking about?

I suspect Kev may remove this. Many apologies for being risque, but it presented too good an opportunity to miss. And it is Christmas. My halls are decked.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Nah, 8" would suit me fine too Surprised

So I could get out the crampons and ice axes, obviously!
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaistud Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:40 am

What a wonderful house Jim, and a beautiful country setting...when you add the horses rolling, that's top drawer my friend. I really miss the infrequent snow we experienced in the Southern Arizona High Desert (Oracle, 4500 feet). We were snowed in for SEVEN days one time...steep, unpaved driveway and no 4-wheel drive. Maybe the fondest memory of the thirtysomething years with my wife.

Most likely, I'm better off where I am as I embark on my newest bonsai adventure...Shohin...wish I had started thirtysomething, or more, years back. Likely my last splurge, I'm going to Santa Nella for the California Shohin Society Seminar in February. Hope to come home with a small Redwood (Bob Shimon) and a small Twisted Pomegranite (Jim Barret)...lottery, you know...

Well, seasonal cheers...Merry Christmas...to h... with political correctness!

Pat
bonsaistud
bonsaistud

Back to top Go down

Post  gordonb Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:48 am

fiona wrote: My halls are decked.
With Hows, by Golly??

gordonb

Back to top Go down

Post  Gæst Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:03 am

Beatiful place Jim. Looks very "cool" with snow Very Happy

- Morten

Gæst

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Pat writ:

We were snowed in for SEVEN days one time...steep, unpaved driveway and no 4-wheel drive. Maybe the fondest memory of the thirtysomething years with my wife.

And Martin scribeth:

Beatiful place Jim. Looks very "cool" with snow

Pat: We've been snowed in for 4 days now. I'm trying to shovel out our 200 yard up-and-downhill drive, but at 72, the amount I can do at one time is a bit more limited than it used to be. It takes a beer or two and some time to go at it again. Even my 4-wheel-drive Subaru won't make up up some of our snow-covered hills -- or maybe it's this Florida driver. Suspect

Martin: Yes it is lovely. I don't think any of those pictures showed the Blue Ridge Mountains in the background. We enjoy gazing on them (though I'm glad we don't live up there; they had 2 FEET of snow about 15 miles up the road from us).

Right now, though, I'd like to start seeing some frost-browned pasture grass again. As would, I suspect, the ponies.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down