Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Curling_Prunus spinosa_Thoughts more than welcomed

2 posters

Go down

The Curling_Prunus spinosa_Thoughts more than welcomed Empty The Curling_Prunus spinosa_Thoughts more than welcomed

Post  Vlad Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:24 am

Blackthorns ( at least in my place ) are not very keen to show some autumn colors.   This year seems to be an exception...

Early October 2019

The Curling_Prunus spinosa_Thoughts more than welcomed 047_ib10

End of October
Wider outline cutback
Height: 23 cm from the rim of the pot
Pot: unknown, slightly oversized

The Curling_Prunus spinosa_Thoughts more than welcomed P_spin10

If you are interested to help me, I would appreciate your thoughts about the remains of the sacrifice branch on the right.  It has helped us to reduce the reverse taper but now once the job has been done ( nearly ) should I say thank you and pick a saw or should I keep it in some form?

Thank you.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

The Curling_Prunus spinosa_Thoughts more than welcomed Empty Re: The Curling_Prunus spinosa_Thoughts more than welcomed

Post  Richard S Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Very nice little tree!

Regards the sacrifice branch, I would keep it........"in some form". Perhaps that form should be as a jin?

The tree has nice trunk movement and you already have a well placed back branch so you don't necessarily need such a heavy branch there but you do have a large dead wood feature at the top of the main trunk which is quite dominant so perhaps a jin would help balance that?

Either way if you decide you don't like it later on in the tree's development you can still always reach for that saw!

Regards

Richard
Richard S
Richard S

Back to top Go down

The Curling_Prunus spinosa_Thoughts more than welcomed Empty Re: The Curling_Prunus spinosa_Thoughts more than welcomed

Post  Vlad Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:44 am

Richard S wrote:
The tree has nice trunk movement and you already have a well placed back branch so you don't necessarily need such a heavy branch there but you do have a large dead wood feature at the top of the main trunk which is quite dominant so perhaps a jin would help balance that?

Well argumented sound advice, Richard. Thank you very much. I like that as it keeps the option open without any negative impact for the future. Regarding the top jin - I agree with you. So far I find interesting as I like its movement that mirrors the top section of the trunk. Lets see how it fits into the design within next 3-5 years. As you said as far as the deadwood is concerned to fix the challenge is not a big thing.

Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down