Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lantana Camara 25 Years Old

3 posters

Go down

Lantana Camara 25 Years Old Empty Lantana Camara 25 Years Old

Post  Lost2301 Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:35 am

The moon and stars finally aligned at the right moment this year and I showed of my 25 year old Lantana Camara at the local show. It has always been a struggle to have the tree blooming during the show. It seems to bloom better during the winter here under the florescent lights then outside for some reason. A large hail storm hit the tree about 5-6 weeks ago and I ran out and saved it. It does seem to have recovered pretty good. I kept running out and moving it into the garage every time a storm was passing by. It has taken 10 years now to grow out these large branches. For some unknown reason white flies do not like this Lantana which makes me very happy! Very Happy This tree has a truly massive trunk for a Lantana.

Lantana Camara 25 Years Old Img_3210

Lost2301
Lost2301

Back to top Go down

Lantana Camara 25 Years Old Empty Re: Lantana Camara 25 Years Old

Post  Thomas Urban Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:57 am

Very charming tree : ) I don't think I've ever seen this species in real life. How big is it? And, the trunk is quite nice, maybe if you removed just a few of those bottom leaves we could see that monster of a trunk?
Thomas Urban
Thomas Urban

Back to top Go down

Post  Lost2301 Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:03 am

Here is a photo of the tree 3 years ago, root spread pretty much goes side to side in the pot, probably 4-5 inch trunk, just guessing, tree outside right now its dark! Very Happy

Lantana Camara 25 Years Old Img_0310
Lost2301
Lost2301

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Funny... I have a pretty beefy Lantana too and except for a period this summer, mine also seems to bloom better under lights in the winter scratch

Yours looks good... but mine is for sale as i cull the tropical herd
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down