Candelabra Larch #2

Go down

Candelabra Larch #2

Post  Thomas Urban on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:59 am

Here's another strange tree I dug out a couple of years ago. The whole time I was lacking any ideas as to what this could be and finally last weekend I decided to jump in.

This also needs a re-pot this spring as the current container is packed.

I used some 1100m Alpine larches as inspiration for this one. I am happy with how it turned out and I enjoyed the opportunity of not giving a s*it about any rules. The jins were there when I found the tree and I will use a dremel to make them look a little older, although the sun and freezing have done a decent job so far with the cracks.

Have a good one!
Thomas Urban

Back to top Go down

Re: Candelabra Larch #2

Post  Thomas Urban on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:36 pm

First re-pot of the year. This tree is the last to change into fall color and the first to bud out two years in a row now.

I hope you're all excited for the spring as I am.
Thomas Urban

Back to top Go down

Post  MrFancyPlants on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:15 pm

I like it. I was looking at the before pictures thinking.. I'm not so sure about this candelabra style and all the right angles. But it works the way you have done the planting angle in my opinion and nice pot. Looking forward to seeing it with some needles.
MrFancyPlants

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Urban on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:40 am

Thanks Fancy Plants, yes it's an ugly and not a traditional one, but there is something about it I like. I will post again once the needles arrive, then depending on how the needles look and the positive/negative spacing is, I might remove something.

Thomas Urban

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum