Please Help me to Identify my Ficus

Go down

Please Help me to Identify my Ficus Empty Please Help me to Identify my Ficus

Post  mahbub on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:42 am

Dear Bonsai Buddies, I am quite new in this business, and i am trying hard and reading and watching a lot. Would you please help me to identify my first bonsai. I think it is Ficus microcarpa 'Green Island'. But the difference between F. microcarpa and F. retusa is kind of smokey.
I would also appreciate few critique about the style.

Thanks in advance.

mahbub

Please Help me to Identify my Ficus Wp_20118
Please Help me to Identify my Ficus Wp_20117
mahbub
mahbub

Back to top Go down

Please Help me to Identify my Ficus Empty Re: Please Help me to Identify my Ficus

Post  David Brunner on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Hello Mahbud:

Welcome to bonsai and welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you are finding the world of botanical nomenclature difficult and confusing; alas even many who have spent their lives in the pursuit find it such.

I am certain that your guess with regard to your tree being Ficus microparpa cv. “green island” is correct.

If you want a deeper conversation with regard to F. microcarpa and F. retusa I would be delighted. However, all such taxonomic debate set aside, I think your identification is correct.

David B.

David Brunner

Back to top Go down

Please Help me to Identify my Ficus Empty Re: Please Help me to Identify my Ficus

Post  mahbub on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:22 am

Thanks David for your confirmation.
mahbub
mahbub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum