Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter Krebs Pot Auction in aid of the IBC

+5
Stone Monkey
Lee Kennedy
Hans Vleugels
Dale Cochoy
Kev Bailey
9 posters

Go down

Peter Krebs Pot Auction in aid of the IBC Empty Peter Krebs Pot Auction in aid of the IBC

Post  Kev Bailey Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Peter Krebs has very kindly donated these beautiful pots for us to auction. Bidding can start now at €50 (that's Euro's for anyone who is unfamiliar).
Peter Krebs Pot Auction in aid of the IBC Pot_0510Peter Krebs Pot Auction in aid of the IBC Pot_0511
Pot above is 31.5 cm x 24 cm x 8.2 cm

The first pot.
I made this oval pot in April 1991.
It has been potted without a mould, only by hand and fired at about 1220° C.
It is a replica of an old Chinese pot. I was fascinated by the old pot with the dominant far-protruding upper rim, a sign of an old pot. The small feet look very elegant.

An ideal pot for an azalea, a flowering or fruit-bearing tree. At the bottom of the pot a double floor can be seen. A little haiku by master "Basho" decorates the bottom of the pot, so that we have a little joy when we repot the bonsai.

When I came to the mountain path,
Attracted me somehow
The violet in the grass.

Basho

Peter Krebs Pot Auction in aid of the IBC Pot_1010

This pot is Diameter: 38 cm x 7 cm high

The second pot,
this is a pot for a bunjin tree, with a single or multiple trunk. It is ideal for a Japanese white pine, red pine or Chinese juniper because of its feminine shape.
This pot was made in November 2007 without a mould or potter's wheel, just by hand. It was fired at about 1220° C.
At the bottom of the pot a haiku by master "Basho" is inscribed.

So red, so red now
The sun and without mercy
The wind of autumn.

Basho

The winning bidder will be the one that posts the highest bid before the cutoff time of 6pm GMT Sunday 6th of December.

Peter has very kindly offered to pay the postage himself, wherever the winning bidder lives.

If you are unsuccessful, don’t despair, there are several more potters and pots to come.

Last edited by Kev Bailey on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:24 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added details from Peter Krebs and postage update)
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Peter Krebs Pot Auction in aid of the IBC Empty Re: Peter Krebs Pot Auction in aid of the IBC

Post  Dale Cochoy Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:37 pm

All righty then....
I'll start 'er off with the 50 Euro to clear the playing field Very Happy .....
Beautiful pots.
Regards,
Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Peter Krebs Pot Auction in aid of the IBC Empty Re: Peter Krebs Pot Auction in aid of the IBC

Post  Guest Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:58 pm

Lets get serious here 101 euros is my bid

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Vleugels Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:00 pm

150 euro
Hans Vleugels
Hans Vleugels

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Kennedy Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:32 am

200 euro
Lee Kennedy
Lee Kennedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Beautiful beautiful pots Peter Very Happy

Regards

Andy

P.S I am going to hold my bid till last knockings Wink
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:42 pm

Is that one bid for both pots or are the bids doubled to get each pot? (That's a standard auction ploy for multiple item auctions.)
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:03 am

Good question Rob and I'm happy to clear it up. Nothing underhanded like that here, one bid for the two pots. It will not be doubled and the postage is free.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  peter krebs Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:54 am

Hi pot friends and girls

Now it gets exciting!!! santa

The proceeds of the two pots is not for me, but for all of us here in the forum.
So, open your wallet and has generously for a good cause. cheers cheers cheers

P.S. The lotus-pot was in this ancient form, only two times I have used for pottery.
This one was the first pot, and is almost antique at 18 years farao

Best regards
Peter
peter krebs
peter krebs

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Yates Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:55 pm

220!

Kevin Yates

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Vleugels Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:59 pm

250 euro...
Hans Vleugels
Hans Vleugels

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:26 pm

Congratulations and thank you Hans.

I'm contacting you by PM.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:45 pm

Congratz Hans!
Great pots, great fun!
You guys must have been sitting there at your computers with your watches in hand, Two bids in last 5 minutes!! Very Happy Last bid in the last minute! Very Happy

Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Vleugels Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Dale Cochoy wrote:Very Happy Last bid in the last minute! Very Happy

Dale

And it was still a long minute, refreshing my screen for a possible newer and higher bid. But it seems it was my lucky day today!!! cheers

Regards,
Hans
Hans Vleugels
Hans Vleugels

Back to top Go down

Post  peter krebs Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Hi Hans in Luck,

Congratulations, I can drop off the pots and almost on a bicycle. cheers

I Maile you tomorrow when I (or the post office), the pots brought on the trip.

Best regards
Peter
peter krebs
peter krebs

Back to top Go down

Post  horst Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:09 am

Congratulations Hans, you made a big catch. European pot history for a friendly price cheers -
"Hans im Glück".
Best regards Horst
horst
horst

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:15 am

Well done Hans excellent purchase Very Happy

Unfortunatley a sad family crisis prevented me from getting online to bid Crying or Very sad

Looking forward to seeing the next auction

All the best

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  peter krebs Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Thank you to everyone who participated in the auction.
One more step. cheers

Hello Andy.
The family is more important, there are so many pots.

Best regards
Peter
peter krebs
peter krebs

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:16 am

Peter

Family is always my priority and as you said there will always be pots even after we have long gone.
However I am determined to own a krebs pot. Perhaps you could email me at andy@stonemonkeyceramics.co.uk with some shohin pots that you have avaliable for sale so I can add one to my collection

Kind regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down