Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling

+4
brian soldano
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
augustine
Mimo
8 posters

Go down

Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling Empty Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling

Post  Mimo Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling Img_7710
Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling Img_7711
Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling Img_7712
Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling U10
Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling U210
Mimo
Mimo

Back to top Go down

Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling Empty Re: Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling

Post  augustine Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Mimo,

Very very nice. when was this collected? I am curious because you've got the rootball so small, wondering how long it took.

Thanks

augustine

Back to top Go down

Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling Empty Re: Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling

Post  Mimo Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:42 pm

Thanx Smile
It was collected from a concrete slab last spring, so some 5 moths ago.
The trees that grow there have only limited space to grow in in the dirt between the slabs so I literally just lifted it up and cut around the roots.
It grew nicely since then like if the roots were not disturbed at all and they grew considerably and lifted the moss on top of the substrate some 2-3 centimetres.
That´s why I need to repot it in spring right away and give them some more space.
I just need to find the right pot or slab for it during winter.
Mimo
Mimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimo Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:45 pm

The pic of the place and the actual tree some year before collection in the front right of the picture.

Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling 20160910

Mimo
Mimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:23 pm

URBANDORI !
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  brian soldano Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Awesome tree and collection spot!!!

brian soldano

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:54 pm

Salut tout le monde,
Hi everyone,

To me, there's a flaw in the design, the two trunks are too far apart.

I think you should separate the two trees, they don't fit together (or at least, now).

1/ the tree on the left looks like a rather young tree beaten by the winds, with a lot of energy left inside;

2/ the tree on the right looks more like an old tree. Could be a literati if not for the soft movement on the trunk: with raffia, inner tire tube bands ans the like plus vertical and spiraling large-gauge wire, it still can be done I think...
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimo Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi Alain, you are not the only one pointing that out Smile
But I like it like that cause this is a tribute to a tree from the wild that I liked that stands over the lake Ružín not far from here.
Here is a pic of it:

Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling Img_4710

Most of the bonsaists say you can´t do it like this or that, trunks have to be closer, one have to copy the movement of the other, branches cannot cross, jin cannot cross and so on....
I do not care about that because I do not want to create uniform bonsai and do it like everybode else.
I only do what seems good to my eye.
If I wanted another copy of bonsai, I would download the pic of a twintrunk that is considered the best one and make exact copy for myself.
But I don´t see any point in that.

Mimo
Mimo

Back to top Go down

Pinus sylvestris twintrunk yamadori - first styling Empty Very nice

Post  breck Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:45 pm

You have designed and made a very nice European/western pine tree bonsai and all the better for it I see loads of pine trees in the UK looking like this well done

breck

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Urban Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:47 am

This can be a very subtle and feminine scots duo. I like the direction you're going : )

As it becomes more ramified in the places you want and you get rid of the branches/foliage that you kept now to give some structure, this will look even better.

Tom
Thomas Urban
Thomas Urban

Back to top Go down

Post  john blanchard Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 pm

You should only work on the roots of your tree once in a growing season. Same with wiring, just once in a growing season. Any work is coined as an "insult" and you should keep to one insult per season. That is on a very healthy tree. You could slip the tree into a larger pot without damaging the roots, adding extra soil of the same mix until 12 months have passed. Then work on the roots again if the tree is still very healthy.
john blanchard
john blanchard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down