Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stolen Dwarf Scott's Pine - Denver, Colorado Area

4 posters

Go down

Stolen Dwarf Scott's Pine - Denver, Colorado Area Empty Stolen Dwarf Scott's Pine - Denver, Colorado Area

Post  Lost2301 Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:10 pm

The following tree was stolen during the night in the Denver metro area. Please contact me if anyone is trying to sell it.

Thanks,

Mike

Stolen Dwarf Scott's Pine - Denver, Colorado Area Image10
Lost2301
Lost2301

Back to top Go down

Stolen Dwarf Scott's Pine - Denver, Colorado Area Empty Re: Stolen Dwarf Scott's Pine - Denver, Colorado Area

Post  bilbo Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:32 pm

Very nice tree!

Rat bastard thief. Evil or Very Mad

How old is this image (did the tree still look like this when last you saw it)?

bilbo

Back to top Go down

Stolen Dwarf Scott's Pine - Denver, Colorado Area Empty Re: Stolen Dwarf Scott's Pine - Denver, Colorado Area

Post  Lost2301 Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:10 pm

That image is a year old and it looks exactly like the photo. It was taken at last years Bonsai show.
Lost2301
Lost2301

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:42 pm

Sorry for the loss Mike.

What is really enraging is that no one ever sees these stolen bonsai again. Probably because most of the time, the bastards let them die, of sell them cheap to cheap people who will let them die. Evil or Very Mad

I sometimes see here and there websites showing stolen bonsai, unfortunately I don't think that this is very efficient.

This is a recurring problem here too, and since one can cross a border and sell it in Italy, Belgium, Germany, Spain, etc. where people don't read French-speaking forums, they can go unnoticed. I suppose that in a big country like the US, it's about the same as crossing a state line, except that people just have, sometimes, a different accent...
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Lost2301 Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:52 pm

3 tree's were stolen from the Denver Botanic Gardens one year. Only one tree had been photographed and I posted it on this forum. The tree with the photo taken of it was returned to the Botanic Gardens in the early morning hours. Security tapes show it be a man returning the tree. He also left a note saying he did not Know the tree had such sentimental value and was sorry for taking it. He apparently was not sorry enough to return the other 2 trees!!

Yea the tree could be sold anywhere. There are Bonsai vendors who set up a corner of some street and sell them. People buy them, mostly people who have no experience with Bonsai. I expect your right the tree will end up dying some where.

I have had 2 pre-bonsai stolen from my home as well. I suspect its kids as they did turn back up. I found one sitting across the street on the corner. My neighbor saved last years stolen tree and had it in her backyard. It was a very old Cotoneaster. It is now in the backyard where they cannot get to it very easily.

Last edited by Lost2301 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lost2301
Lost2301

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down