Juniper find

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Juniper Advice taken

Post  Michael Cooper on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:55 pm

Thank you for your encouragement Vance I had today been doing just that.I have removed downward and upward growth and thinned out in general and will do a bit more tomorrow after your words re branching have spurred me on. I am not very familiar with Junipers I have few small ones but have never worked on a tree this size before. Picture enclosed of one of my little ones less that 12inches high in all and just before one of it's regular thinning outs.

Cheers Michael
Michael Cooper

Back to top Go down

Re: Juniper find

Post  my nellie on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:19 pm

This is really lovely that little one of yours, Michael!
Perhaps a little thining out of the foliage could make it much more attractive...? Or am I wrong?
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Ok it has been done

Post  Michael Cooper on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Thank you for your kind remarks this was from a nursery many years ago . And no you are not wrong if you read my last few words above this photo was prior to one of its regular thinnings out.It is a favourite of mine as it has evolved from a totally different shape over the years, originally a couple of branches a few inches off the ground and parallel to he surface.
Michael Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Michael Cooper wrote:... ...It is a favourite of mine as it has evolved from a totally different shape over the years... ...
This is what bonsai is, isn't it? Very Happy
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:20 pm

The tree is looking really good. You have accomplished much with a very difficult species.
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum