Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the IBC dying ?

+22
Leo Schordje
coh
David Brunner
Dave Leppo
fiona
leatherback
JudyB
jun
John Quinn
abedini
Kev Bailey
my nellie
AlainK
Richard S
BobbyLane
Vance Wood
Vlad
M. Frary
Marty Weiser
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Bolero
Khaimraj Seepersad
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Is the IBC dying ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is the IBC dying ?

Post  bilbo Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:07 am

Vance Wood wrote:I have also noticed that a good percentage of those who belong to the Grand Order of the Non-Stinking-Poo-Poo can say almost anything they want to and about anyone with impunity but as soon as you point this out you will be quickly put in your place.
I've personally not experienced that here but I don't offer that to dispute your assertion; your experience is yours.
I offer it because that many of these Facebook groups have become that, and worse.
The elitist egotistical narrow minded “Grand Order of the Non-Stinking-Poo-Poo” lords over multiple groups while their brutish, rude, hypocritical lackeys snap in like cliques of hyenas smelling fresh blood on the Serengeti.
As soon as a new group starts to get decent member numbers, the whole mass of them swarm in like angry “deplorable” storm troopers on their next conquest of naive complacent citizenry, glad to get some new insights but unaware of the high cost of subservience they’ll pay for it.
I see that many of them are also members of the IBC Facebook group and yes, I’m aware many of them are also members here.

bilbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Bilbo,

took a look at IBC facebook. Seems to be heavily Indian / Malaysian and not much else.
I do wonder why it even exists, as it seems counter productive to have 2 IBCs.

From what I am watching, most of the forums are just dying off, as the information for how
to is abundantly available on-line.
Not very deep, as knowledge goes, but I think most folk are interested more in sales.

Anyhow, that seems to be the core of the Internet -------- sales / business.
Laters.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:49 pm

O Tempora, o Mores!

Greetings to everyone, Ladies and Gentlemen, who still frequent IBC!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:17 pm

bilbo wrote:
I've personally not experienced that here but I don't offer that to dispute your assertion; your experience is yours.
I offer it because that many of these Facebook groups have become that, and worse.
The elitist egotistical narrow minded “Grand Order of the Non-Stinking-Poo-Poo” lords over multiple groups while their brutish, rude, hypocritical lackeys snap in like cliques of hyenas smelling fresh blood on the Serengeti.
As soon as a new group starts to get decent member numbers, the whole mass of them swarm in like angry “deplorable” storm troopers on their next conquest of naive complacent citizenry, glad to get some new insights but unaware of the high cost of subservience they’ll pay for it.
I see that many of them are also members of the IBC Facebook group and yes, I’m aware many of them are also members here.

Some of those facebook groups have become really unpleasant. A few years ago when they were first formed, I found the groups to be preferable to many of the established forums. No longer the case.

I often wonder if one could start a new group and manage it more aggressively, to weed out/eliminate the kinds of members described in your post. Probably would take too much effort and be equally unpleasant, though it does seem to be a relatively small group of individuals who are the biggest problem.
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:58 pm

all of which is why the Arbor Arts Collective is so great...
exclusive membership by invitation only... Cool
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5