Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated. Im a beginner .

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated. Im a beginner .

Post  tonykeywest on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:08 am

My green island ficus about two years old

Last edited by tonykeywest on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:16 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : tried to add pic)

tonykeywest

Back to top Go down

Re: Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated. Im a beginner .

Post  kevin stoeveken on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:29 pm

for starters, i am glad to see the "S' curve is horizontal as opposed to vertical Wink

i would let the whole thing run wild for a bit to develop some girth to both the trunk and some of the branches...

(and if you have had it for a couple years, i assume you are not looking for care advice)

AAC Original Milwaukee Wi. Chapter - North America

aka beer city snake
link to ARBOR ARTS COLLECTIVE BLOG

kevin stoeveken

Back to top Go down

Re: Any advise critique of my green island ficus would be appreciated. Im a beginner .

Post  Precarious on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Check out this link. https://adamaskwhy.com/2015/08/11/ficus-madness-with-a-little-help-from-my-daughter/
The second picture down reminds me of your tree, and might provide some inspiration.

It still comes down to the previous advice- let it grow wild for a while, and maybe do so planted in a much larger, deeper pot to thicken that trunk up a bit. With the right conditions, you could get some really nice aerial roots dropping from the horizontal.

Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum