Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never seen Juniper

3 posters

Go down

Never seen Juniper Empty Never seen Juniper

Post  Indo Andreas Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi everybody, I need some on this Juniper (if), I made some trip to the mountain and showed some friends from Egypt around and came across a private resort property there I saw this tree. About 20m hight, very beautiful foliage. I took a branch home and hope the clips will start rooting. If so I will go back there at a later stage and ask to Air Layer a branch. The way the foliage falls is awesome and I think it would make a great tree in the future.Never seen Juniper Img_0710
Never seen Juniper Img_0711
Never seen Juniper Img_0712

Indo Andreas

Back to top Go down

Never seen Juniper Empty Re: Never seen Juniper

Post  Stan Kengai Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:20 pm

Very interesting the way the long foliage hangs. It is not a juniper, but if I had to guess, I'd say it is some type of Thuja (cedar).

Stan Kengai

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:03 pm

Stan Kengai wrote:Very interesting the way the long foliage hangs.  It is not a juniper, but if I had to guess, I'd say it is some type of Thuja (cedar).

I agree and sadly do not make really good bonsai unless you can find one with a real massive trunk.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Indo Andreas Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:44 am

There is only one tree I know of, from 10 cuttings one still shows life, but I don't think it will make it. Next time I go up there I will ask wherever I can put an airlayer to a big branch.

Indo Andreas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down