Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hedge Maple - Acer campestre Leaves

3 posters

Go down

Hedge Maple - Acer campestre Leaves Empty Hedge Maple - Acer campestre Leaves

Post  Gary Swiech Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:46 pm

I have a Acer campestre who's leaves look Chlorotic and are shriveling.

It's got to be a missing nutrient but it isn't NPK. The PH is 7. Magnesium?
I'll try and photograph it.
Gary Swiech
Gary Swiech

Back to top Go down

Hedge Maple - Acer campestre Leaves Empty Re: Hedge Maple - Acer campestre Leaves

Post  BobbyLane Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:56 pm

Far too scientific for me mate! shriveled leaves sounds like there could be a problem with the roots. Field maples needs to well watered, i use an organic pelleted fertilizer. they dont need any special feeding regimes/additives, they are extremely vigorous and hardy.
BobbyLane
BobbyLane

Back to top Go down

Hedge Maple - Acer campestre Leaves Empty Re: Hedge Maple - Acer campestre Leaves

Post  Gary Swiech Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:54 pm

The Field maple was just re-potted this Spring, using my regular maple soil. 2 parts small pumice, 2 parts course sand, and 4 parts Akadama+ a couple of cups of rice compost.

I'm using Green Dream fertilizer and chicken poop. I'm not sure what is. It may have took a hit during the Winter here in WI. Some Field Maples from seed aren't hardy

up here. I got this as a rooted cutting. It the dwarf form "Compactum" that I have, and it did the same thing last year as I remember but later in the Summer. I think I'll put it in the shade and see if it picks up.
Gary Swiech
Gary Swiech

Back to top Go down

Post  Stan Kengai Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:01 am

If you're using organic fertilizers, the problem is usually not micronutrients. I would guess soil pH is your problem. Hit it with some chelated iron, hollytone, miracid, whatever. Most plants prefer a pH closer to 6.

Stan Kengai

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Swiech Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:40 pm

I'll try a little Hollytone, since I have it on hand and see if there's a change over the next few weeks.
Gary Swiech
Gary Swiech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down