Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression

2 posters

Go down

Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Empty Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression

Post  Indo Andreas Tue May 24, 2016 12:49 pm

The tree that had two crashes, I had this tree taken from my old restaurant of the rooftop and moved it to the new location that had no or very little sunshine.
It did not like it at all so i ask my driver to bring it home and here the first crash happened. The driver used the fast too lane that was equipped with a hight barrier, as Indonesian drivers do, looking forward but not think that the tree is higher than the barrier, chop here went the top. He arrived ad night and what to say my dream to have a tall single tree went down the drain. I had a look on the tree and then decided to do a XL shari. I shaded the tree for a few days and decided what to do with it. Looking at the tree the first I noticed where very long branches and a lot of foliage that even after two month did not show anything but dried even further.
I then decided taking the most of it so I started clipping. Wiring the branches showed the next problem due to age, they where very brittle and a few cracking even being carful. Since they where too long I needed to place them closer to the trunk, by curving them.Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0078
Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0079
Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0080

Indo Andreas

Back to top Go down

Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Empty Re: Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression

Post  Indo Andreas Tue May 24, 2016 12:50 pm

Crash number two, I got two big dogs, that love digging and cats, the place under the table is wet and cool, so with a bit of digging it makes comfort even better, I did of course don't liked it and so I used rope to stop the access, worked out fine until a cat run into my property at night and the dogs run right through the rope and took the table with 20 trees right down with them. :sick: You can understand the frustration, pots and slaps broke, and the heavy Juniper went down badly. A few branches snapped, I just placed some wire new and left it alone for another 7 month. After looking closely last week I seen that the wire started to grow in, so time to re work the tree.
After the damage, growth was plenty, but shape was out.
Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0081

Indo Andreas

Back to top Go down

Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Empty Re: Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression

Post  Indo Andreas Tue May 24, 2016 12:52 pm

Here now the progression, all growth that remained after the first cleanup, stayed the way it was, no new buds, but all front ends have grown nicely, it stopped to needle too. So I cleaned the rest of the no grow and left only the new shoots. Some back butted branches developed, I left most of them alone to grow further.
Only clipping and wiring was done, the shari will be worked on in the near future, some branches I did not bend completely, because this needs to be done in further steps to avoid braking them . Here the result and some pictures of the un wired shoots and foliage that been taken out.
Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0084
Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0083
Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0085
Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0082
Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0150
Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0151
Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0152
Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0154
Juniper XL Shari 2 years in progression Img_0153

The next work will be on the Shari, but this needs a bit of thought, input is welcome.

Indo Andreas

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Tue May 24, 2016 6:10 pm

after the first crash, it would have made a nice raft... still could.
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Indo Andreas Wed May 25, 2016 1:30 am

Good idea, but my mind is set on this tree, next project!

Indo Andreas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down