Pine tree with fungus?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pine tree with fungus?

Post  naoki on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:52 pm

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lF_n6EZpgdQ/VptLMphmRoI/AAAAAAAAI1I/dttJ4oKUzLY/s800-Ic42/20160117_153736.jpg

Not sure why but can't get the picture to work, can only put the link. There is a white patch.. is it fungus?

naoki

Back to top Go down

Re: Pine tree with fungus?

Post  JimLewis on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:49 pm

I don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  naoki on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Sorry, I edited the photo
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gr8ev2OgiYQ/Vqol5HXotAI/AAAAAAAAI1Y/C6lamKmaBo4/s800-Ic42/20160117_153736%252520e.jpg

Hope you can view from picasa. Red Bubble the infected area. Been observing the patch, growing smaller might be too wet and that caused the fungus infection. using some organic fungicide. Might go off after 1 week.

naoki

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:18 pm

That is not a fungus. White fly, wooly aphid, or other sucking insect. A soap spray or pyrethrin spray should take care of it.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:36 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum