Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noelanders Trophy XVII - 2016

4 posters

Go down

Noelanders Trophy XVII  -  2016 Empty Noelanders Trophy XVII - 2016

Post  Jacos Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:02 pm

Dear Bonsai friends,

You are all welcome to the next Noelanders Trophy XVII in Belgium.
Come all to Genk on 23 & 24 Januari 2016.
It will for sure be a great show again.

Noelanders Trophy XVII  -  2016 Noelan10

------->>>>>  SEE ALSO  BROCHURE & PROGRAM

KRGDS
Jaco

http://bonsai.diyhomegarden.eu/
Jacos
Jacos

Back to top Go down

Noelanders Trophy XVII  -  2016 Empty Noelanders 2016

Post  sunip Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Great bonsai show this year with a
nice suiseki collection.
And not one but two halls this year for the traders.
Many thanks to the members of the Belgian bonsai association.

Sunip

sunip

Back to top Go down

Noelanders Trophy XVII  -  2016 Empty Re: Noelanders Trophy XVII - 2016

Post  leatherback Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Yup, was good as usual. Loads of traders (90+), and very many trees.
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:14 am

Sigh.. Am I the only one? You go to a great show. you come home. And you get depressed looking at the pathetic plants you work on?
Feel like getting rid of the major part of my collection, and start all over. Or is patience the only thing i need?

Would love to get some people in my garden make a shift of "potential" / "non potential". I seem t have a blindspot for this, especially when it comes to my own trees Sad
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:02 am

[quote="leatherback"]Sigh.. Am I the only one? You go to a great show. you come home. And you get depressed looking at the pathetic plants you work on?
Feel like getting rid of the major part of my collection, and start all over. Or is patience the only thing i need?

This is a priceless experience, do not overlook this.
After some time you might choose in addition to your trees some good starter material,
as was plenty available for reasonable prices, and go from there.
Can there be patience in presence?
For instance, i came yesterday across an old yamaaki pot for a tree i had in a training pot for only 8 years,
still a bit early but purchased it anyway.
Sunip

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  MKBonsai Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:53 am

I've felt the same in the past - to the point where I don't visit Bonsai nurseries or shows very often!

However, I have found inspiration in looking at life histories of trees - seeing that many brilliant bonsai come from very humble beginnings. A really great example of this was Colin Lewis' Elm tree that has featured in Bonsai Europe (I think) which started as a pretty non-descript stump and has ended up as a superb example of an Elm Bonsai - just awesome.

So keep researching and growing - but try to be selective!
MKBonsai
MKBonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:26 am

thx Sunip. I agree. It is why I keep going to as many shows as possible; To keep track of where 'the bar to jump' is, on the international arena. I have been going through this routine every year for the past 3 years. As a result more and more, the sticks get replaced by snakes Wink. Yet, the really good material seems out of reach. With me travelling for work very frequently, investing >100E on trees seems like a big risk to take. Not to mention the personal guild I would feel of having a ~100 year old tree die because I was not around on that exceptionally hot/cold/dry/windy day, an dmy minder did not pick up on the risk...

Saying the material was available at reasonable prices.. I guess they might seem reasonable, and pprobably are from a collectors perspective (Considering investment in time scouting, collecting, rooting, etc). But it still is a shitload of money Smile several of these trees required more money more than we have in our annual holiday budget; I nticed some that were more expensive than my car..!

MKBonsai: Good tip, thx. Ilove the progression threads one can find here and there. Would be great to start threads on the top trees in shows, and show the development timeline!

Cheers,

Jelle.
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down