Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

74 years ago today

2 posters

Go down

74 years ago today Empty 74 years ago today

Post  dick benbow Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:12 pm

It seems incredible to me that that nothing is being said about the significance of the date today on any of the japanese hobby chat lines I visit., my father was in the Navy and fought the japanese during world war 2, and has a son now that is so engrossed with Japan, It's culture and hobbies. I wonder what he would think if he was alive today...In the decades to come I wonder what future generations will think about what today's soldiers are involved in....the middle east, it's people and cultures. I can only hope that an equally favorable outcome will come about. Time does have a way of healing olde wounds
The thought of dec 7th, came to me as I was unwiring a tree this morning. Wire, like the war, created some damage as it dug in, but in just a few seasons,hopefully, the wounds will quickly heal. No signs to remind us of a lapse in our proper judgement and care. When healed....What remains is something that reminds us of the quiet and serenity of a mountain sentenial.
reminding us that life is a struggle yet worthy of the effort needed to overcome. I admire this hobby for all the peace and beauty it exudes...now practiced world wide
Happy holidays everyone....Peace on earth, goodwill towards man.
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

74 years ago today Empty Re: 74 years ago today

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:50 am

Dick,

my grandfather was Chinese, out of Canton, and he passed onto my father ways, how to cook, garden, handle business and handle people.
My dad spoke Cantonese, me not so much.
I was to have a Chinese name, but my grandmother said no, she was Pakistani, they never married. He stole her, and used a donkey cart for a get away, as the family legend goes.

My grandmother was a - gold beater - and my grandfather ran a dry goods shop.
He left [ 19 years old ] China, because of Mao.

My English grandfather was a corporal in the war, he had a momento, a gun that had been cemented shut. He never saw active service, though a cousin saw service in War 1 and died , his name is on the Winged Victory statue, placed near our only museum.

During World War 11 Trinidad was a protected interest by both the Americans and British, oil from the island.
One German submarine sighted off of the Northern Coast.

Penjing and Bonsai - symbols of peace.
Both the Chinese and Japanese have always been very helpful to us, and ask for nothing in return.
Laters.
Khaimraj [ almost Guan Wing Low ]

Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:22 pm

I love stories like you shared. Thank-you.

some call life's turns and twists fate, or karma but no matter what you call it, it does make you wonder the purpose of it all. Have to figure certain things happen for a reason. Interesting dispite our diverse backgrounds, we are both drawn to the serenity and beauty of this hobby.

Tho many of us here, have taken different roads for numerous reasons, we all seek the same sense of grace and purpose in our lives...
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down