Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paris attacks

+3
DougB
fiona
JimLewis
7 posters

Go down

Paris attacks Empty Paris attacks

Post  JimLewis Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Hopes, good feelings, and love to all our IBCers in Paris and to the people of France.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Paris attacks Empty Re: Paris attacks

Post  fiona Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Seconded.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  DougB Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:54 pm

We often forget that there would be no USA without the help of the people of France.
Prayers for France and the people of the world which is in disarray.
DougB
DougB

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:20 pm

What would the world be without Benjamin Franklin, Tadeusz Kościuszko, Voltaire and many others?

We know this period in history as "le Siècle des Lumières", the "Age of Enlightenment".

Three centuries later, when I was in my twenties, I believed it was a matter of a few years. I had lunch with one of my son, he's 26, he could have been at the concert hall where dozens of people were slaughtered, and he only sees a bleak future ahead. We agree on one point: religions suck, all of them.

So please, don't "pray" for us, we try to live every day for a better world, a world of tolerance, of freedom, of equality, everything that the capitalists and the fundamentalists of any religion don't want.

There were young people from Britain, Sweden, Germany, etc. contrary to the stale medieval fantasies of those misfits, we"re a multicultural, open society. Well, at least as long as the far-right doesn't take over, and they are objective allies unfortunately.

PS: I changed my avatar. It's an engraving showing the planting of a "Tree of Freedom". some of them dating from this period can still be seen in some places. I remember a lime tree (linden) on the market square of a small town in the south of France.

AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  geo Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Words fail at times like this. Just to express my heartfelt regard for the people of Paris and the great nation of France. I have always loved you and I always will.

With an awful sadness,
George Dawson

Last edited by geo on Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
geo
geo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Paris attacks Peace_10

like george... speechless...

the horror that people are capable of inflicting on others never ceases to dismay me.
i can never imagine becoming numb to this sort of thing.

thoughts out to all affected in all incidents of hatred.
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:37 pm

We agree on one point: religions suck, all of them.

So please, don't "pray" for us, we try to live every day for a better world,
I'm not a religious person, either, but some of my dearest and almost saintly friends are.  I accept their prayers during my final illness.  They're no better or worse than "good thoughts" and I love them for it.  So please, Alain and son, absorb the prayers you get as the best, loving feelings people have for you and your countrymen and women.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:35 pm

i may have said this before but:

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another."
- jonathon swift

Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  hometeamrocker Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:02 am

This one hit very close to home as I had friends on that stage. They made it out, not so lucky for some of their crew out front. Sad days. Life is short, hug the ones you love.

hometeamrocker

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:10 am

JimLewis wrote:
We agree on one point: religions suck, all of them.

So please, don't "pray" for us, we try to live every day for a better world,
I'm not a religious person, either, but some of my dearest and almost saintly friends are.  I accept their prayers during my final illness.  They're no better or worse than "good thoughts" and I love them for it.  So please, Alain and son, absorb the prayers you get as the best, loving feelings people have for you and your countrymen and women.

Yes, you're right. I also got messages from people I know around the world, the latest being from a Turkish friend, remember that in October, more than 100 were killed there too.

That made me very angry and distraught. But rage is not the best way to react, let's not be the monsters they are.

I have muslim friends, more or less religious, and they feel even worse I think because this carnage was made in the name of a corrupted form of their beliefs. Some of them are teachers, social workers, etc. and they have nothing to do with these barbarians.
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down