Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why people do Bonsai Gardening...???

+6
Khaimraj Seepersad
geo
M. Frary
DougB
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Bolero
10 posters

Go down

Why people do Bonsai Gardening...??? Empty Why people do Bonsai Gardening...???

Post  Bolero Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:51 am

I've been around Bonsai 40+ years, in and out, presently and for the last 6 years In...I primarily do Bonsai Landscape.

I feel that almost all Bonsai Gardeners do so for the personal Gratification they receive from their Bonsai efforts, their Accomplishments and the Overall Satisfaction they receive from Bonsai Gardening.

I believe that the Artistic, Historic, Display, and other Aspects of the Hobby are secondary although important.

I'm curious how others feel...???

Chuck
Bolero
Bolero

Back to top Go down

Why people do Bonsai Gardening...??? Empty Re: Why people do Bonsai Gardening...???

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:58 pm

Bolero wrote: I feel that almost all Bonsai Gardeners do so for the personal Gratification they receive from their Bonsai efforts, their Accomplishments and the Overall Satisfaction they receive from Bonsai Gardening.

I believe that the Artistic, Historic, Display, and other Aspects of the Hobby are secondary although important.

I'm curious how others feel...???

Chuck

i feel the exact same except, for me, the "artistic" aspect is as important as the horticultural gratification...

i like to call it "articulture"
(but i just now googled that and found that i am not the first to use that term)

now, whether my articulture appeals to anyone else is secondary Wink

good topic B !
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Why people do Bonsai Gardening...??? Empty Re: Why people do Bonsai Gardening...???

Post  DougB Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Hey Bolero welcome (from an old now absent Michigander (Spring Lake)). I am now sure what you mean by Bonsai Gardening. From the looks of your icon, it would appear that it is a Seikai. Is that what your mean?
DougB
DougB

Back to top Go down

Why people do Bonsai Gardening...??? Empty Bonsai Gardening

Post  Bolero Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi Doug, thanks for the welcoming...

I considering anything to do with growing, training, torturing, displaying small trees in a pot or tray as Bonsai Gardening...

Yes my Icon is that of a Saikei or Penjing or simply stated ...an example of Bonsai Gardening.

I picked the phrase up from something Arthur Joura had posted some time back...

Chuck
Bolero
Bolero

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Frary Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:11 am

I'm in it for the women.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Why people do Bonsai Gardening...??? Empty Why people do Bonsai Gardening...???

Post  geo Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:33 am

I like to squash things, Especially bougie bugs and thrips and well...all the little forkers, really.
In a serious vein, and I do have them, I have no idea. I started,got waylay-ed by life numerous time,started over again and again. No answer. I just want to do it. The horticulture,art, craft...whatever.

Last edited by geo on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
geo
geo

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:33 pm

Bonsai,

is a great hobby !!!!!!!

Keeps me from mischief, and relaxed.
Laters.
Khaimraj

Is this Geo, of the Tamarinds?

Anthony is my brother-in-law over on Bnut.
Welcome!!
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Why people do Bonsai Gardening...??? Empty Reply with quote Re: Why people do Bonsai Gardening...???

Post  geo Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:06 pm

Hello Khaimraj:
Yes this is Geo of the Tamarinds. Pleased to meet you. I have 30 seedlings about 7 inches high now. Anthony will send me more info when he has time.

Cheers.
geo
geo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:50 pm

M. Frary wrote:   I'm in it for the women.

damn... thats close to what i say to folks...
"i'm in it for the groupies..."

and then i got the t-shirt

Why people do Bonsai Gardening...??? 20150910

the most utterly irreverent, ridicomwockle shirt........ ever ?
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  LanceMac10 Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Because I believed I could use it as a path to a calmer soul. A bridge to a more patient and long-view mindset.
To use long ago established techniques, new methods and changing tastes to form a symbiotic relationship with nature as it offered me its canvas.....to hopefully let my life experiences and inner-being act as the brush with the tree as my ink, paint......

Clumsy, awkward and certainley uncertain, what is created, perhaps only I can appreciate.....

And that's fine.....

and what the t-shirt said, obviously!!!!!!

pirat drunken jocolor
LanceMac10
LanceMac10

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:51 pm

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are smoking Serrisa f, or Oxy roots ???????????????????
For the days when Bonsai was just a bunch of nuts digging holes in the ground Arrow Arrow Arrow Beaurangel

Off to the canvas [ which can do many things sailinnnnngggggg ................................]
Smiles all,
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Precarious Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:36 pm

It's therapy to disengage from the stresses of the day and lift my spirit to the serenity of trees.
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Frary Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:30 am

beer city snake wrote:
M. Frary wrote:   I'm in it for the women.

damn... thats close to what i say to folks...
"i'm in it for the groupies..."

and then i got the t-shirt

Why people do Bonsai Gardening...??? 20150910

the most utterly irreverent, ridicomwockle shirt........ ever ?
Pretty cool actually.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Post  ironhorse Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:36 pm

It's cheaper than drugs & beer

Dave

ironhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tentakelaertje Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:55 pm

They do say men think every seven seconds. That's just cuz bonsai fills up the ofter six.

Tentakelaertje

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:55 pm

ironhorse wrote:It's cheaper than drugs & beer

Dave

it is ?!?!? Wink Razz
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  ironhorse Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:14 pm

I get a lot of free stuff

Dave

ironhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:13 pm

ironhorse wrote:I get a lot of free stuff

Dave

that explains it !

Wink
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down