privet sp.???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

privet sp.???

Post  rrubberbandman on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi
I was wondering if someone has one of these or knows which variety of privet this is?
Thanks!
Bryan
http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/18/41/46/57/privet10.jpg

Last edited by rrubberbandman on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pic)

rrubberbandman

Back to top Go down

Re: privet sp.???

Post  JimLewis on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:39 pm

Ligustrum sinensis - Chinese privet. A weed.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  rrubberbandman on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:42 pm

JimLewis wrote:Ligustrum sinensis - Chinese privet.  A weed.
As always thanks Jim......i had a feeling....it grows like a weed....and i cannot seem to get leaves any smaller.
"weed"....so just curious ? not a ideal tree to work with?
Bryan

rrubberbandman

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:35 pm

They're OK. I've posted a few here over the years and have some in my Gallery. I don't think I have any right now.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Brough on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:26 am

Great trees , so there listed as a noxious weed all over the place. Hey collected a few from unwanted hedge row a few years ago hard to kill , you can barefoot them wood is soft for carving leaves reduce flakey bark good growth rate what more could ya want . A great stump cheers Neil

Neil Brough

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum