K2 Show 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down

K2 Show 2015

Post  chris on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:57 am

This was the Sussex Show last week end at Crawley,loads and loads of stunning trees and a dedicated suiseki section, uploading all the pics I have will take a while but over the next few days I will do my best
Regards Chris

chris

Back to top Go down

Re: K2 Show 2015

Post  chris on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:04 am

chris

Back to top Go down

good show

Post  lena.stares on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:47 pm

great pictures off smashing trees lovely show

lena.stares

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin stoeveken on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:11 pm

yes !
alot of very nice trees...

AAC Original Milwaukee Wi. Chapter - North America

aka beer city snake
link to ARBOR ARTS COLLECTIVE BLOG

kevin stoeveken

Back to top Go down

Post  steveb on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:55 am

I absolutely love that trident root over rock. I can't stop staring at it. Thanks for posting.

steveb

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:26 am

Chris, first let me say how grateful I am that you took the time to share this event with all of us. Thank-you.

I know when bonsai folks go to shows they want to see the trees. And while i've shared this before, I'm hopeful
somehow it will catch on.

While i appreciate the trees, I also value seeing how the displays are presented with tenpai,kusamono and scroll. Pictures of these close enough to grasp the intent of the maker, helps me in my appreciation of the total package.

So Chris to you and all those kind enough to share their events with us, please consider giving us a total picture of a display, so we don't have to imagine what else went with the trees. I for one would appreciate it. Smile

dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  chris on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:42 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies
Dick I think I have given you the package in the photos so far i will post more soon

Regards Chris

chris

Back to top Go down

Post  chris on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:47 pm

This was a great display from Glyn Deri

chris

Back to top Go down

Post  chris on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:55 pm

Best in show was this stunning yew

chris

Back to top Go down

Post  chris on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:59 pm

This is a really good needle juniper

chris

Back to top Go down

Post  chris on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:05 pm

Eastligh were top dogs at the wessex show a few months ago, nothing doing today but the quality just shines through

chris

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelS on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:46 am

Some nice trees. The first tree (pine) is very nice. It would really come out with some thinning of the crown and a bit of wiring. Also the needle juniper is very interesting.
The Yew, well it is good there is no denying but it gives me the impression of being over-worked, over-refined...a bit plastic looking. Many modern trees are starting to look like that to me, including some Japanese ones. Which master will now step up and say this is where refinement should stop OR these are the techniques to make the tree look like it has not been touched by human hands??

MichaelS

Back to top Go down

Post  chris on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi Michael
I absolutely agree on all the points you have said, the Pine is mine and will be worked on this coming winter, I will be very careful not to lose the maturity of this very old bonsai at the moment it has no wire whatsoever. The yew from a "judging" point of view is very hard to knock but I am with you I would like to see a little wildness into the image .
Michael you are a very perceptive person.

Regards Chris

chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum