Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

economic data of Bonsai - where find facts and figures?

3 posters

Go down

economic data of Bonsai - where find facts and figures? Empty economic data of Bonsai - where find facts and figures?

Post  lindworsky Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Dear Bonsai Lovers!

Does anyone know where to find economic data on the business with bonsai trees and supplies?
How many trees, pots and how much eqiupment is sold worldwide and in different parts of the world?
How much money is made with the little trees?
This kind of data.

It´s kind of hard to look for thise informations with searching machines because you only find economic articles that use "bonsai" as a synonym for small ...

Thank you,
all the best,

Jens

lindworsky

Back to top Go down

economic data of Bonsai - where find facts and figures? Empty Re: economic data of Bonsai - where find facts and figures?

Post  JimLewis Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:08 pm

I'll be interested in seeing the replies you get -- ad the results of your research when you are done.

My guess is that reviewers of business model/plan would not look favorably at any prognosis of great success.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

economic data of Bonsai - where find facts and figures? Empty Re: economic data of Bonsai - where find facts and figures?

Post  giangus Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:24 am

Hello,
I give you my point of view in France. No bonsai growers and bonsai potters in the country can live of this passion-business without a main job or a second activity behind.
Giang
giangus
giangus

Back to top Go down

economic data of Bonsai - where find facts and figures? Empty N´oubliez pas ...

Post  lindworsky Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Bonjour Giang!

Sure, potters and smaller bonsai growers or artists have a hard time – in Austria too.

But (mostly in Germany) there are shops, onlineshops and professional nurseries with several employes. Some of the ceramic artists look very professional and achieve high prices. Tenthousands of trees are produced in Germany and a large number is imported, not to forget pots, tools, Akadama and whatever ...

All together I´d guess that in Europe millions of € are spent on Bonsai every year. In the US bonsai seems to be even more popular and in Asia I guess it´s quite an economic factor.

Hmmm … but where can I find statistics about this?

Salut!

Jens

lindworsky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down