Burrs 2009

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Burrs 2009

Post  matt addie on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:28 pm

I'm not trying to win an award for being the LAST Burrs attendee to post on this thread ... my PC died on Monday Sad so I've been cut off from the world!

So this will be a brief post until my PC is repaired (hopefully) later this week. I did not want to miss the opportunity to thank all of the people at Burrs this year - my debut appearance. I was made most welcome from the moment I arrived. Many people offered me advice on my trees, bonsai in general ... and life in general! Many more people tried to improve my poor wiring technique ( Rolling Eyes ), I was well fed (thankyou so much to Carolyn and Tony's Mum!), well beer-ed, I've made new contacts/friends, I have already met a couple of particularly great Burrs people after the event and intend to build on that and my head is still spinning with everything I learned.

Thankyou to everyone involved for everything and especially to Tony for the opportunity.

I have no pictures to post at the moment (I refer you to the aforementioned PC death!) but as I seem to be in numerous pics (and videos!) already posted, I'm sure you get the idea.

It was a pleasure to be inolved in and to help out at such a truly fabulous event.

Matt

p.s. For those who asked, I finished mopping the floor before it got dark - you dirty lot! Very Happy

matt addie

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Here's the finished Juniper in the Umbrella Stand just for you HR

When I was first given the tree

Any ideas for a pot as the stand should go back in the hall really Embarassed
Okk, Okk,
Simon

bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Terrys work on my Hawthorn

Post  bonsai monkey on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:25 pm

Here's the beastie in wire

and here's the final image!!!!

Terry did a grand job on my first ever Burrs tree. Now lets get it into a pot that I can actually lift affraid
Regards,
Simon

bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:27 pm

It looked even better "in the flesh".

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:55 pm

bonsai monkey wrote:Here's the finished Juniper in the Umbrella Stand just for you HR

Simon... Not Exactly finished as you needed to wire the fines branches... this image is the basic branches in position.

Tony

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum