as a consequence of shortened water

View previous topic View next topic Go down

as a consequence of shortened water

Post  dick benbow on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:01 am

I almost did a no-no. So thought I would share so that others who may not have looked "outside the box" don't create a problem for themselves. Here's the story...

Grandson of two was coming over to visit for the weekend. The Pacific NW has been very hot so we thought a time in a small wading pool might be fun for him.

So the next day, rather than waste the water, I thought, I'll use it to water the bonsai and NOT waste it. And then it dawned on me, many small wading pools are sprayed by the manufacturer with an algeacide. Not something I want to introduce to my years/decades of work. So out it went down the drive to the draine.
If it helps just one person then it was worth taking the time to share this. Having a good heart and trying to use resources correctly is one thing, not being aware of something could do a lot of damage.

dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Re: as a consequence of shortened water

Post  M. Frary on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:28 am

Now that's good to know. We don't have the water shortage problems you guys do and I can see trying to conserve water any you can. Good thing you caught it in time.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:41 pm

I'm not at all sure that the algacide would be strong enough to matter to a multi-cellular plant with a thick epidermis such as a bonsai -- or even a carrot. After all, your kids were splashing in it. Kid pee may be worse.

I would not have hesitated.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum