Hollywood Juniper first styling semi cascade

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hollywood Juniper first styling semi cascade

Post  apisit chuldecha on Fri May 29, 2015 9:54 am

Hello everyone, this is my work from last weekend ,yes it was this material again .

this tree trunk is nothing for movement but came with so many branches so I can have many choice for jin to make a feature attention .

I left main trunk all the way horizontal as a big jin first and those small jin are from the branches that still young and very soft to bending .

at final I cut off the main trunk jin away .

now I will let it develop on foliage and look for the right pot for this semi cascade style.
Apisit.

apisit chuldecha

Back to top Go down

Re: Hollywood Juniper first styling semi cascade

Post  apisit chuldecha on Fri May 29, 2015 12:11 pm

future pot maybe.

apisit chuldecha

Back to top Go down

Post  juniper07 on Fri May 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Great insight; and I must say you are very brave in turning something rather boring (although I love a good formal upright) into something quite exciting and dynamic. To take this design a notch further, I think you should hide the straight horizontal trunk a bit more with some foliage either from the top portion or the bottom portion.

juniper07

Back to top Go down

Post  apisit chuldecha on Fri May 29, 2015 2:45 pm

juniper07 wrote:Great insight; and I must say you are very brave in turning something rather boring (although I love a good formal upright) into something quite exciting and dynamic. To take this design a notch further, I think you should hide the straight horizontal trunk a bit more with some foliage either from the top portion or the bottom portion.
thank you . you right ,the trunk straight horizontal that the weak point of this tree I also think about that all time, only way to do about that it is like you said to cover some part by the foliage .

apisit chuldecha

Back to top Go down

Post  LanceMac10 on Fri May 29, 2015 2:52 pm

pale

LanceMac10

Back to top Go down

Post  bottasegreta on Fri May 29, 2015 4:49 pm

I would have left the long horizontal jin.

bottasegreta

Back to top Go down

Post  apisit chuldecha on Sat May 30, 2015 1:01 pm

bottasegreta wrote:I would have left the long horizontal jin.  
thanks I have been thinking that before too. I have other tree that styling the same long jin with this tree so I cut long jin out from this tree and keep that long jin with other tree.

apisit chuldecha

Back to top Go down

Post  apisit chuldecha on Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 pm

update for other front

apisit chuldecha

Back to top Go down

Post  bottasegreta on Sat May 30, 2015 3:02 pm

The long jin makes me think of a bright cloudy horizon line, like what the horizon looks like from a high altitude. With the long jin I can see the tree way up on the side of a cliff hanging out into a bright clear sky. I wouldn't put it in a pot. I would plant it on the side of a stone, something with tall, vertical character to emphasize that feeling. I mean, a design like this is so non-traditional already why try to reign it in? I would go the opposite direction. It's cool.

P.S. I loved your juniper that used the trunk to create the illusion of a hillside. You are very clever and your sense of style is really inspiring.

bottasegreta

Back to top Go down

Post  apisit chuldecha on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:47 am

bottasegreta wrote:The long jin makes me think of a bright cloudy horizon line, like what the horizon looks like from a high altitude.  With the long jin I can see the tree way up on the side of a cliff hanging out into a bright clear sky.  I wouldn't put it in a pot.  I would plant it on the side of a stone, something with tall, vertical character to emphasize that feeling.  I mean, a design like this is so non-traditional already why try to reign it in?  I would go the opposite direction.  It's cool.

P.S. I loved your juniper that used the trunk to create the illusion of a hillside.  You are very clever and your sense of style is really inspiring.
I appreciate that, for the long horizon jin concept that I made it for my other tree option with almost same styling .like this one I was thinking of horizon with thunder.

apisit chuldecha

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Frary on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:51 pm

My only problem wire these trees are the ramrod straight trunk.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Post  Neli on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:48 am

I would consider grafting roots up the trunk and shortening a lot the jin. Love the way you styled it.

Neli

Back to top Go down

Post  apisit chuldecha on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:49 am

Neli wrote:I would consider grafting roots up the trunk and shortening a lot the jin. Love the way you styled it.
grafting roots that Interesting , I want to try that .
Thank you Neli.
Apisit

apisit chuldecha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum