Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No advice needed, just venting. DEER!!!!!

+2
Precarious
Cordon
6 posters

Go down

No advice needed, just venting. DEER!!!!! Empty No advice needed, just venting. DEER!!!!!

Post  Cordon Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:20 am

Argh! My bonsai were looking better than they had in years due to a recent move to Oregon. When I got home today I found that a deer had come into the back yard an sampled each one. Didn't seem to care for the maples that much, but really loved my quince. I know they'll survive the hair cut, but it really grinds my gears.

Cordon

Back to top Go down

No advice needed, just venting. DEER!!!!! Empty Re: No advice needed, just venting. DEER!!!!!

Post  Precarious Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:53 am

Quite a few deer up that way, hear they have become a powerful voting bloc...
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

No advice needed, just venting. DEER!!!!! Empty Re: No advice needed, just venting. DEER!!!!!

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:39 pm

you werent asking for advice, but deer create some incredible yama-dama-dori with their pruning...

just sayin' Wink
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:04 am

errrrr ... WELCOME TO OREGON! We've come up with something that helps: gigantic sticky traps.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruce Winter Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:16 am

What Kevin said. And watch for deer ticks. They're as tiny as a period in the dry season but carry lime disease.

Bruce Winter

Back to top Go down

Post  steveb Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:09 am

A beaver trunk chopped a couple of Japanese maples I had growing in the ground. I was irrate at first but they were nearly ready to be chopped anyway. And, they were chopped at about the right place.
steveb
steveb

Back to top Go down

Post  Precarious Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:58 am

And at no charge, Steve! ThumbsUp
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  DreadyKGB Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:57 am

Every year I have to protect my trees from deer, and every year they catch me napping at some point and make quick work of the young branches. They are a serious pest here. I have previously used a mint scented spray that works for a time but this year I'm going to fence my trees. In my yard they eat everything, even deer resistant plants. One year they took a fancy to my ficus.
DreadyKGB
DreadyKGB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down