juniper branch cutting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

juniper branch cutting

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:38 am

Hi greetings,got a noob question.How do you grow a new bud on A?if im correct cutting at B would make it dieback,right?Is it C where you want to do it?Thanks for you help.

Back to top Go down

Re: juniper branch cutting

Post  Shayn on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:55 am

Hi Dude,
Yes cutting a branch of a Juniper where there would be no foliage left, the branch would surely die back. Option "C" would be your best bet - also for the chance for 'A' to back-bud.

Shayn

Shayn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:27 am

Im trying to shorten the distance of the sub branch from main trunk and confused how to do it.Thanks for your help,really appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auballagh on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:19 am

Hello,
I would cut back that area 'C' you point out in the illustration to a single branch.  This is admittedly a hard choice, and it will leave your tree looking a bit like a 'plucked chicken'.
But, that's what I would do.
This shows the conflict of future development and long term gains, versus the short term effects (and better looking tree, initially) of less drastic decisions.  I believe that choosing the long-term approach will enable your tree to look much better in the future, then it would if you just selected short-term, immediate gains. Smile

Auballagh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum