Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

juniper branch cutting

2 posters

Go down

juniper branch cutting Empty juniper branch cutting

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:38 am

juniper branch cutting Untitled_zpslfgpvu1b
Hi greetings,got a noob question.How do you grow a new bud on A?if im correct cutting at B would make it dieback,right?Is it C where you want to do it?Thanks for you help.

Back to top Go down

juniper branch cutting Empty Re: juniper branch cutting

Post  Shayn Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:55 am

Hi Dude,
Yes cutting a branch of a Juniper where there would be no foliage left, the branch would surely die back. Option "C" would be your best bet - also for the chance for 'A' to back-bud.

Shayn
Shayn
Shayn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:27 am

Im trying to shorten the distance of the sub branch from main trunk and confused how to do it.Thanks for your help,really appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auballagh Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:19 am

Hello,
I would cut back that area 'C' you point out in the illustration to a single branch.  This is admittedly a hard choice, and it will leave your tree looking a bit like a 'plucked chicken'.
But, that's what I would do.
This shows the conflict of future development and long term gains, versus the short term effects (and better looking tree, initially) of less drastic decisions.  I believe that choosing the long-term approach will enable your tree to look much better in the future, then it would if you just selected short-term, immediate gains. Smile
Auballagh
Auballagh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down