Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Cal Residents Free Osage orange trees

3 posters

Go down

So Cal Residents Free Osage orange trees Empty So Cal Residents Free Osage orange trees

Post  badger5149 Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:02 pm

I have been growing about a dozen oasge orange trees in pots for the past several years but have not begun any actual training. I would like to give them away to anyone close by Torrance Ca. They can do as they wish with them. They respond very well to miniaturization of leaves and grow naturally twisted.

badger5149

Back to top Go down

So Cal Residents Free Osage orange trees Empty Re: So Cal Residents Free Osage orange trees

Post  Tona Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:49 am

Hi Badger,
What size are the trees now? I am in Santa Clarita.
Steve (Tona)
Tona
Tona

Back to top Go down

So Cal Residents Free Osage orange trees Empty Re: So Cal Residents Free Osage orange trees

Post  badger5149 Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:41 am

Noty very big, most of them under 1". I have kept them short in 5 gal pots for about 5 years now. A few of them look like they have potential. You may see potential in some of the ones I don't, they will grow rapidly if fertilized just lightly. I grew them from seed and when they were in 2" post some of them got root bound, The root ball has continued to grow with the trees in the larger pots. Some of them it light work well on others maybe not. I will take some photos tomorrow and put it on here. I hate to throw them away. You can prune roots and trees back to almost nothing and they still tend to come right back and thrive.

badger5149

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:31 pm

Osage oranges grow quickly and make very nice bonsai. They have orangish bark, and if they fruit, very LARGE fruit.

So Cal Residents Free Osage orange trees 6-13_b10
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tona Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:00 am

Hi Badger,
What is your time schedule during weekdays. I will be in the area tomorrow morning but I could make it anytime (retired).
Steve (Tona)
Tona
Tona

Back to top Go down

Post  Tona Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:03 am

JimLewis wrote:Osage oranges grow quickly and make very nice bonsai.  They have orangish bark, and if they fruit, very LARGE fruit.  

So Cal Residents Free Osage orange trees 6-13_b10

Hey Jim,Thank you for the info and...Nice Tree!!
Tona (Steve)
Tona
Tona

Back to top Go down

Post  badger5149 Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:01 am

Tona, I will be around all day tomorrow. Retired also. I would hate to see you make a special trip because they may not be worth it to you. But if you are going to be in the area please feel free to stop by. I will send you a message with my phone number.

badger5149

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down