Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Larch progress

+6
appalachianOwl
Richard S
gman
yamasuri
LanceMac10
Jeremy
10 posters

Go down

Larch progress - Page 2 Empty Re: Larch progress

Post  bottasegreta Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Just to clarify (again), I am a nube. I am not a "traditionalist." I don't follow "the rules." I have never been to a class to learn them. I was simply trying to reconcile my gut feeling about the composition, some of the bonsai design philosophies I've encountered, and the decisions you've made as the artist. I certainly wasn't challenging you or what you've done. It's orders of magnitude better than anything I have, so I feel insecure even inquiring. Thanks for taking the time.

bottasegreta

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:18 am

bottasegreta wrote:Just to clarify (again), I am a nube.  I am not a "traditionalist."  I don't follow "the rules."  I have never been to a class to learn them.  I was simply trying to reconcile my gut feeling about the composition, some of the bonsai design philosophies I've encountered, and the decisions you've made as the artist.  I certainly wasn't challenging you or what you've done.  It's orders of magnitude better than anything I have, so I feel insecure even inquiring.  Thanks for taking the time.
It's good to talk and share. I post here to garner others views and thoughts. Over the years I have made good use of such comments. So thank you for your input, it is truley much appreciated.
The journey we all take with our bonsai have many sidings and many deadend. Playing with your trees and listening to others allows us to find a path that suits us and our trees. Being challenged will make us think and that's a good thing.
Steal the knowledge and make it your own. That's well within the Japanese tradition. Wink
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  bob hill Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi jerry,I hope you don't mind my input and a little info about the tree,good to see the larch is moving along something I always intended for it,when I first obtained it from Julian at dragon bonsai's annual boot sale event right away I thought it had great potential for ingoing development, I believed that the upper and lower branch's had no part to play in the styling as they were far to long, to thick,and very immature and completely out of scale so I decided to remove them both bringing the remaining foliage pad into proportion with the trunk so creating a smaller but more powerful image,I always knew that the branch structure had room for improvement as time went on so satisfied with what I had done I concentrated on carving and refining the dead wood trunk which I even considered splitting and wedging apart moving the foliage pad down and away?just a thought jerry ,just a thought, you know me,great to that Kevin and Pavel have had some input in to the refinement, its looking good mate please keep posting bob.

bob hill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down