a spring display

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: a spring display

Post  kevin stoeveken on Sat May 30, 2015 4:38 pm

from this angle i think that the angle of the table works well...

but, i like different (and not just for the sake of different)

AAC Original Milwaukee Wi. Chapter - North America

aka beer city snake
link to ARBOR ARTS COLLECTIVE BLOG

kevin stoeveken

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Sat May 30, 2015 7:38 pm

dick benbow wrote:Heh? If I'd of quessed the next question would have been about the bonsai table and it's angle. Bill, please explain....:)

Matches the angle of the accent's table. It doesn't strike me as unusual at all. Tables (and square pots) are often displayed with a corner to the front.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis on Sat May 30, 2015 10:54 pm

Attached is an image of the Amethyst Falls wiseria display from the front view.

As far as the main table goes, here is the reason. The table top is 13" square. So, if you look at the table from the front it is 13" wide. If the table is turned with a corner for the front the width is now 19". If a larger table is needed, I often display it from an angle to appear larger. This also works for containers as well.

Excellent question!!

Bill

William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow on Sun May 31, 2015 1:23 am

Thanks Bill!...I always struggle with the width or Heigth of stands. Your Trick on width was good to know. Depending on the scroll and whether it is a size that can be raised or lowered. I had my stand maker, make a stand that breaks down and can be reassembled into any combintion of three heights. problem is fixed width. LOL, always something it seems Smile

great tip!

dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin stoeveken on Sun May 31, 2015 3:34 pm

i also noticed that all of the pictures of this display area are taken from the same oblique angle...

curious if there is a reason for that... ?

(is there an obstruction that prevents front facing pictures ? i can't recall from the pictures i think i saw when this was being built)

aka beer city snake

kevin stoeveken

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis on Sun May 31, 2015 8:03 pm

Here are a couple of older images of my studio.

By the way David Knittle built the alcove 27 years ago. I grew the "alcove post" over 30 years ago. It's a Camperdown Weeping English elm which died and I kept the post for future use. Guess I found a good use for the post. It was growing in a one gallon can about one foot tall when I got it and planted it in my garden.

William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin stoeveken on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:24 pm

ah yes !
those are the pictures i recall seeing...
i dont know why my recollection thought it was under construction scratch

but at any rate, i can see why a picture from directly in front might be cumbersome
(perhaps a small table top tripod set on the counter would do)

thanks for the replies !

aka beer city snake

kevin stoeveken

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:14 am

Finished setting up the alcove display for my students tomorrow. This weekend it features a Dwarf wisteria, Millettia japonica. It is also known as "Blind wisteria" because it rarely blossoms, even in Japan. It's usually displayed in summer because of the tiny foliage which looks like Wisteria. The waterfall painting is suitable for a summer display with a Japanese painted fern.

William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  LanceMac10 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:11 am

Bill, that display is wonderful and that might be the nicest tree-stand pairing I've seen. It has something that draws me in. Thanks for sharing and I hope to stand in that sales area some day, bye golly.. Like a Star @ heaven

LanceMac10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum