How to determine need for watering of an air layer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to determine need for watering of an air layer

Post  Precarious on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:20 pm

Good morning all, I tried to answer my question with an internet search and also a search of IBC, but though there were many hits, none seemed to answer this question.

I air layered a ficus in clear plastic wrap about the size of a baseball, and the substrate is all canadian sphagnum moss. The plastic is 'sealed' above and below the ring cut with wire. This is my first air layering indoors, and I am not sure how to monitor the need for watering. I suppose a very short and skinny version of a chopstick poked into the bag might work, but so far I have just been watching the condensation inside the plastic and guessing water should be added when the condensation is gone. Any ideas?

Precarious

Back to top Go down

Re: How to determine need for watering of an air layer

Post  JimLewis on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:43 pm

but so far I have just been watching the condensation inside the plastic and guessing water should be added when the condensation is gone.

That works. Maybe modify to add water when it is "almost" gone.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Precarious on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Ok, thanks Jim.

Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top