Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wish me luck

+3
Kev Bailey
Precarious
dick benbow
7 posters

Go down

wish me luck Empty wish me luck

Post  dick benbow Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:59 pm

We have a juried stone show coming up this saturday. Normally since it's inception I have entered one stone but always got in. This year I'm gonna break from tradition and enter 2 Smile

The stones will be judged by the current and past curator of the Pacific Bonsai Museum and the president of the local bonsai club. The show itself will be on display at the Museum in Federal Way Washington into early April. In the past it amounted to about 60 stones. The hut stone had the unusual dai so wasn't confident it would get in. Think I might have a chance to get them both in>
wish me luck P1150012
wish me luck P1140910
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

wish me luck Empty Re: wish me luck

Post  Precarious Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:02 am

Good luck, post results!
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:28 am

OK, I'll take the camera along and post a few....Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:04 am

Best of luck! I'd love to see the show on here too.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:22 pm

Yes. Good Luck and post pics. I like that second stone particularly. I have one much like it and have often wondered what to do with it:

wish me luck Quartz10
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  LanceMac10 Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Good luck with this dick. I'm personally not much of viewing stone buff but I certainly appreciate your passion. Show 'em what ya' got!!
LanceMac10
LanceMac10

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:43 pm

Jim, the stone of mine you liked, I see as a snow filled cliff face. Your stone looks like a waterfal to me. It's wide and the strong flow is like one dealing with melting snows and spring rains creating increased volumns of flows. I think a strong looking daiza would be needed to give a sense of unity/anchor with the strong flow of the water fall. Maybe something similar to the daiza on the stone you like. The volumn or mass giving a sense of stability. In display I could see it being used in late winter during spring runoff or early fall during heavy rans. would be tuff to try and find balance on it' proper end in a suiban or doban
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:52 pm

would be tuff to try and find balance on it' proper end in a suiban or doban
\
Yup. Very!

Good luck at your show.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  0soyoung Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Best wishes, Benbow-san.
0soyoung
0soyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:09 am

Well, as strange as it sounds I have no knowledge if my stones made it or what the count was that made it into the show. I had another appointment that I had to leave to get to, and simply couldn't out wait the judges. So it would seem they were doing their job and scrutinizing each stone very well.

Some photos first 2 before judging and last of the judges. I'd say off hand the number of stones were down this year? We did have one gentleman that drove 3 hrs west from Spokane to get his stones in the show.

When I drove up, one pick up had a sign stating "free Stones" as the owner was moving back to Maryland and didn't want to pack such a heavy box. Rummaging thru I did find a nice stone with a moon over a hillside ridge that I might see if I can turninto something I can work with.

The show will run thru the month of March and end with the spring bonsai show in april.
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:11 am

well I did try numerous times to post the pics but the server wasn't having anything to do with the effort. Let me try again here....

well never had trouble before but hey why not now Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Hut stone with unconventional daiza made it in. the other did not. Life is often full of surprises Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  0soyoung Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:03 pm

dick benbow wrote:Hut stone with unconventional daiza made it in. the other did not.  Life is often full of surprises Smile

Life is a rocky road Laughing

Congratulations!
0soyoung
0soyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:43 pm

dick benbow wrote:Hut stone with unconventional daiza made it in. the other did not.  Life is often full of surprises Smile
I'm the most ignorant among IBC members but upon looking at the stone I was convinced inside that it would be chosen Very Happy Congratulations!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:56 pm

next year,Nellie, I'll have to run the photos by you first Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:30 pm

wish me luck Img_3216wish me luck Img_3217wish me luck Img_3218

first two during set up and last one of judges doing their thing.

why they wouldn't take, I have no idea, but all's well that ends well Smile

this activity took place in the "cool house" for museum trees and the actual show will be up in the display area in glass display area.
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down