Late February in Western NC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Late February in Western NC

Post  JimLewis on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: Late February in Western NC

Post  kevin stoeveken on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:10 pm

damn jim... i hope you are not at risk of losing anything precious.

AAC Original Milwaukee Wi. Chapter - North America

aka beer city snake
link to ARBOR ARTS COLLECTIVE BLOG

kevin stoeveken

Back to top Go down

Post  DougB on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Here in the Coastal Sand Hills we also are experiencing 2 or 3 days of snow -- and it is piling up on everything -- bonsai included.  This is after single digits and freezing rain and sleet.  Last winter we lost trees and I expect that this spring there is be many tears and only memories.  OH for the normal 60f/38f and sun -- where is the sun.  

OK who moved from the snowy, bitterly cold North and brought all this with them??  Come on fess up.

Last edited by DougB on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

DougB

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:08 pm

OH for the normal

This IS the new normal, I'm afraid.

Kevin . . . won't lose anything from this event.  Last week, however, everything was solid as a rock for almost 10 days.  I had about 15 trees inside, but some of what was left  out may have been damaged.  All of my crape myrtles are (and were) out. There's only so much I can lug in and out these days.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin stoeveken on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:51 pm

if i were in your neighborhood (or even a reasonable distance) i would have come over to help you tote... which is also a service that the Arbor Arts Collective is beginning to offer some of the senior members of the Milwaukee Bonsai Society...

it would be cool if the young 'uns of every club would offer to help out thier elders with luggin' & totin'...
it would be a small repayment for the undoubtedly invaluable help and advice provided by the elders...

AAC Original Milwaukee Wi. Chapter - North America

aka beer city snake
link to ARBOR ARTS COLLECTIVE BLOG

kevin stoeveken

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:55 pm

There's a "young" 'un near me that would help, but that's all assuming I plan ahead. HA!

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:14 am

Looks like my garden in May!

William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:29 am

I was born in New York....That's why I moved to Washington state, where snow used to be where your drove to the mountains to see....hundreds of inches of accumulation. But that was back then and this year, well I plan on watering with a thimble ( if they let us)...extremes seem to be the new norm.

Jim fingers crossed all comes back OK

dick benbow

Back to top Go down

STILL February in western NC

Post  JimLewis on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:55 pm

4 more inches last night. Melting fast this morning, though.

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum