Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your thoughts on Penjing at a Bonsai Show/Exhibition

+5
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
appalachianOwl
JimLewis
Todd Ellis
Bolero
9 posters

Go down

Your thoughts on Penjing at a Bonsai Show/Exhibition Empty Your thoughts on Penjing at a Bonsai Show/Exhibition

Post  Bolero Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:01 pm

I'm contemplating entering a Penjing or Landscape Planting at a local Bonsai Show but don't want to be a 3rd wheel or the Odd Ball at the event...this particular show is also showing Rock viewing or Suiseki...

I'm just curious as to everyones thinking of how Penjing fits into the World of Bonsai...

My Penjings always use several or more Dwarf Bonsai Trees like Shimpaku or Japanese Cedar's ...

Chas
Bolero
Bolero

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on Penjing at a Bonsai Show/Exhibition Empty Re: Your thoughts on Penjing at a Bonsai Show/Exhibition

Post  Todd Ellis Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:14 pm

Go for it! Show your work! Our shows are excellent venues for educating the public about this fascinating art Very Happy
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on Penjing at a Bonsai Show/Exhibition Empty Re: Your thoughts on Penjing at a Bonsai Show/Exhibition

Post  JimLewis Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:43 pm

Why do you have to make such a distinction? It is all "trees in pots," AKA "bonsai." There's little difference between a bonsai with rocks, a forest bonsai, or a landscape bonsai.

See Arthur Joura's landscapes in the Top Threads forum.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  appalachianOwl Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Yeah, what he said. That is a nice composition and would be a great edition. They really are just words.
appalachianOwl
appalachianOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:59 pm

hell yeah... show it !

if anyone gives you grief, just send them to this thread and we will stick up for you ! Wink
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Precarious Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:24 am

Guido the killer Milwaukean.
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:32 am

Precarious wrote:Guido the killer Milwaukean.

ehhyyy... not for nothin' do accidents sometimes happen...
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Landscape Penjing, Tree Penjing, Water and land penjing ...............................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEp2kWxYub4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUHTRzB73s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvjxQdDjKv8

I was looking for the cool Szeuchan pepper one, sorry couldn't find it.

Old Favourite.
http://www.manlungpenjing.org/
Laters.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on Penjing at a Bonsai Show/Exhibition Empty Aamazing

Post  Bolero Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:32 pm

an amazing and stunning Bonsai Landscape, very reminiscent of the Huangshan Mountains of Eastern China.
What are the tree types, the left in picture looks Juniper, the right looks ???
Those tree trunks are unbelievable.
smaller growths on the mountain surfaces looks very very realistic, like the actual mountains.
I applaud the creativity, just amazing...
I can certainly appreciate what must have gone into its creation, nice work, excellent work.

Chas

Last edited by Bolero on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Bolero
Bolero

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick36 Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:04 pm

Classic case of mistaken identity - and therefore attribution!! Borrowing someone else's material without acknowledgement is not clever!!

Rick36

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on Penjing at a Bonsai Show/Exhibition Empty Attribution...

Post  Bolero Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:30 pm

Rick have you seen this spectacular Bonsai Landscape somewhere else and by someone else ????

Chas
Bolero
Bolero

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Yup. It belongs to an IBCer who no longer seems to post here. It now is gone.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:55 pm

Jim,

Jun, may come back, I have seen a lot of news dealling with destruction in the Phiippines, around his area.
Hopefully, he will still be creating.
Laters.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolas Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:18 pm

My post gone somewere. Did I done something wrog?
The landscape wasn't mine.
Bolas
Bolas

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:31 pm

Rick36 wrote:Classic case of mistaken identity - and therefore attribution!! Borrowing  someone else's material without acknowledgement is not clever!!

i shall not partake in the low hanging fruit Wink
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolas Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:34 pm

OK. I put the link to the photo whitch I found in SEARCH option as an exaple. I newer wrote it's mine.

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone
Bolas
Bolas

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:48 pm

Bolas wrote:He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone

perfect quote bolas !

Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:41 pm

The landscape wasn't mine.

And that is what was wrong. It wasn't yours so you had no right to "publish" it, as per our Acceptable Use Policy -- which you really should read.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Bolas Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:00 am

I don't wont to argue but if it's alredy published at the IBC so what's wrong with that?
------> penjing by jun <----- is that braking rules as well.
I'm just glad that author of the topic menage read what I wrote.
Bolas
Bolas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down