Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You showed me yours, I'll show you mine!

+57
Roger Snipes
moyogijohn
stavros
eric sanders
Dave Martin
Sheila Becker
ybonsai
santi
Viriato Oliveira
bontailo
Jesse
Neil Jaeger
Lone
robert hill
Brett Summers
Peter E.
fiona
kauaibonsai
LANCE
DreadyKGB
gman
Mike Jones
jonathan e
Bugeye
irene_b
Marija Hajdic
Andrija Zokic
wabashene
Paul B (Scotland)
Rob Kempinski
bonsai monkey
aRodas
Martin S
Jonny D
my nellie
Peter Adams
Fuzzy
Dustin Mann
Curtis
Kev Bailey
Nik Rozman
peter krebs
mehrdadchavosh
Eric Newton
Seth Ellwood
Pavel Slovák
bobby little
Mario Stefano
Justin Hervey
NeilDellinger
waway
Stone Monkey
Jim Doiron
Harleyrider
bigsteve
leonardo
Carolee
61 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Empty Re: You showed me yours, I'll show you mine!

Post  Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Thankyou Neil and Pavel. I am so plesed with this trees progress this year and wish I'd fed this strongly years ago.

Back to top Go down

You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Empty Re: You showed me yours, I'll show you mine!

Post  Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:48 pm

I use heavy feeding for the creating of prebonsai.

I also use heavy/everytime fertilicer for trees who needs restyling, or new trees who need to grow a canopy.

but before I start this scedule, do I find it important to create sacrifibranches on the lower brances, and cut back the top first, to make sure the tree, will end up having the fattest branches low, and finer in the top.

A tree who is ballanced/finished in styling, and begin heavy/evertime feeding, will soon loose taper, the top will take ower, and the branches on the lower part will go weak.. the new growth in the top will have too thick branches, compared to the lower branches. And the delicate twigballance from the top, to the low branches will soon be lost.

IMHO Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  ShohinDude Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:17 am

World class trees Will!!
Up here elms are only found in parks. Crying or Very sad

ShohinDude

Back to top Go down

Post  mehrdadchavosh Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:46 am

will baddeley wrote:Cheers Neil, Eric, John and Yan. Black backdrop is good but my camera seems to over expose with it. Anyone know what adjustments are needed to stop this?
Hi will,first, I have to say: WONDERFUL TREE , awesome carving , and incredible ramification,and then if you need a good reference for taking quality photos please look here:
http://www.bonsaisolutions.com.au/advanced_techniques/old_mister_crows_guide_to_photograph_bonsai.html
Mehrdad
mehrdadchavosh
mehrdadchavosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:I use heavy feeding for the creating of prebonsai.

A tree who is ballanced/finished in styling, and begin heavy/evertime feeding, will soon loose taper, the top will take ower, and the branches on the lower part will go weak.. the new growth in the top will have too thick branches, compared to the lower branches. And the delicate twigballance from the top, to the low branches will soon be lost.

IMHO Kind regards Yvonne

Hello Yvonne. As this tree ramifies,I will weaken the strength of feed a bit but not the regularity. You talk of losing taper as the top takes over and the bottom branches get weaker? Only if the growth is left un checked or managed too late in my opinion. Not feeding will also have this effect too.

Thankyou Shohindude

Merdad. Thankyou for the link. I have read it several times already.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:59 pm

Hi Will

I know you are checking up on your trees...and this light "warning" was to other bonsaigrowers, who is never in this bonsaiworld, and not to you. Sorry if it looked like this.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:03 pm

No need to apologise Yvonne. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:01 pm

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Autumn colours just emerging. A bit early but what the heck.You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Img_2010
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  cram Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:11 am

i love this tree...
the time really goes well on the deadwood
cram
cram

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:35 am

Hello Seb and thankyou. Just had a look through your blog. Top work on top material. Very Happy
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:03 pm

I have been working on this English Elm over the last few evenings. The day before yesterday I heard the very sad news that Steve (Harleyrider) Jackson had passed away. Steve made a huge impression on me and although I only met him once, it felt like meeting with an old friend. Our friendship started on the Internet Bonsai Club back in 2009 and we chatted and took the p**s out of each other constantly from then on. Steve was always really interested in the Elms I've collected over the years and because they aren't common where he lives I gave him one of them to make into bonsai.(and is talked about on the first page in this thread)
This is the Elm that I had been working on....
You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Img_9615
The tree was collected from a customers hedge and was air layered. I counted the rings as best I could and there were well over 80.
You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Img_9616
Leaf pruned and ready for wiring
You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Img_9617
Wired and the placement is almost finished.
You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Img_9618
The finished front. A fitting time to put a stop to this overly long thread. Dedicated to the memory of a special man indeed.

An Elm called Steve.
You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Img_9619
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  mehrdadchavosh Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:49 am

will baddeley wrote:I have been working on this English Elm over the last few evenings. The day before yesterday I heard the very sad news that Steve (Harleyrider) Jackson had passed away. Steve made a huge impression on me and although I only met him once, it felt like meeting with an old friend. Our friendship started on the Internet Bonsai Club back in 2009 and we chatted and took the p**s out of each other constantly from then on. Steve was always really interested in the Elms I've collected over the years and because they aren't common where he lives I gave him one of them to make into bonsai.(and is talked about on the first page in this thread)
This is the Elm that I had been working on....
You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Img_9615
The tree was collected from a customers hedge and was air layered. I counted the rings as best I could and there were well over 80.
You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Img_9616
Leaf pruned and ready for wiring
You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Img_9617
Wired and the placement is almost finished.
You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Img_9618
The finished front. A fitting time to put a stop to this overly long thread. Dedicated to the memory of a special man indeed.

An Elm called Steve.
You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Img_9619
Will, I was reading /learning/enjoying this posting for like ten times now, and I was going to bed as it's 12:40 now , but now I can't stop my tears , how could it be? I always enjoy reading Steve's comments/postings as his words always brought a big smile on my face ,I don't know what happened to my never seen friend , but I wish him a peaceful rest and solute to you for naming that wonderful tree in memory of him , he was a wonderful IBC friend , REST IN PEACE STEVE. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
mehrdadchavosh
mehrdadchavosh

Back to top Go down

You showed me yours, I'll show you mine! - Page 12 Empty You showed me yours, I'll show you mine

Post  will baddeley Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:46 am

I received a message from Steve's brother on my blog and thought I would pass it on. I will put it in announcements as well.

David WhithamJuly 27, 2012 2:50 PM

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm sure steve would appreciate all your tributes. I am Steve's 'little bro' as he used to call me. I have enjoyed looking into Steve's hobby and passion, and reading his witty blog posts. I would appreciate it if anybody has any photos or anything of any relevance of Steve doing what he loved best, could you please pass them onto me or i'm sure Tony Tickle would be happy to pass them on.

Many Thanks
Dave (proud brother of Harley Rider)
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:09 pm

I have to look through my pics and will send you them Will, so you can pass them on.

I met Steve at Burrs, I think he was the only one that understood what I ment by introducing myself as the Belgian psycho that lives in Denmark, my first impression off Steve was like almost all others had, a bad boy, I couldnt have been more wrong, there was hiding a poet behind the badboy look. I did talk quiet a lott with my new friend and at one point we talked about a litle juniper I have, he was very interested, because the tree originated from a graveyard, so I decided to pass it on too Steve.
Allthough the tree was not high end bonsai he was very happy with the tree.

This was one of the memorys that I have from Steve.
I am no religious guy, but I hope Steve is in a good place now.

Your friend The Belgian Psycho.
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12