Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot

+11
gman
Dave Murphy
Ed Trout
Stone Monkey
Harleyrider
irene_b
anttal63
Roger S Case
Bob Brunt
Bugeye
Dale Cochoy
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot - Page 2 Empty Re: A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot

Post  Dale Cochoy Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:48 pm

Ed Trout wrote:Antonio,

I yield to a friend in bonsai "down under". If your bid holds, please promise to send a photo of it with a tree. I have several of Dale's pots, and Irene is right...they are special. Must be that Akron water, right Dale ?

Ed Trout

Hang in there Ed, I'm thinking about maybe 'kickin' it up a bit' as Emeril Lagasse would say!

No Ed, it isn't the Akron water. Haven't drank much of that since moved to little Mennonite burg of Hartville ( about 6 miles to Akron) back in '79. It's the Hartville well water I guess? or, the " KENMORE boys" relentlessness!

Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot - Page 2 Empty Re: A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot

Post  irene_b Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:34 pm

Quit teasing us Dale!!! Out with it!
Irene

irene_b

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Ed Trout wrote:Antonio,

I yield to a friend in bonsai "down under". If your bid holds, please promise to send a photo of it with a tree. I have several of Dale's pots, and Irene is right...they are special. Must be that Akron water, right Dale ?

Ed Trout

ed you are a gentleman and a friend in bonsai Very Happy but dont let it stop ya if ya really want it too. sooner or later im definately gonna get my 1st dale cochoy pot! cheers Very Happy
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:07 am

Well done gents nice to see your interest in Dale's great pot and all for a great cause Very Happy

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot - Page 2 Empty Great Pot

Post  gman Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:06 pm

A great pot indeed, unfortunately its now out of my range. Dale, could you tell us what it says on the bottom of the pot.
Cheers gman
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Addonizio Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:51 pm

I am glad to see this going so well.....and for a great cause too!

Nice craftsmanship Dale!
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:14 pm

Gman,
It says ' Yakimono no Kokoro"
which is the name of the pottery side of my business. 'WildThings' just didn't fit the pottery end.
It means 'Heart ( or spirit) of fired things'.
Yakimono is a common name in Japan for ceramics.

Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot - Page 2 Empty KICK IT UP!!

Post  Dale Cochoy Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:50 pm

OK Folks,
It's time to "Kick it up a bit" as Chef Emeril Lagasse would say!
I'm going to PULL the pot posted at the start. I've run this idea by Kevin and Antonio ( the highest bidder) .
I'm going to replace that pot with a MUCH nicer, more expensive pot that had far more work in construction.
I'm sticking with the same motif but moving to an oval.
This oval pot is made from the same clay as the first pot , and similarly, all decoration is hand applied. No molds of any kind were used in the design and no sanding to shape.
The dark brown rustic unglazed clay is treated with oxides to contrast the bamboo. Note this pot also has bamboo feet. It also has an interior design.
The measurements are: 10 1/2" ( 26.7cm) x 9" (22.8cm) x 2 7/8" ( 7.3cm)

Also, I got to thinking about the shipping? I offered free shipping to anyone in the USA but noted shipping would be up to the buyer if from out of the USA. I decided that since I was going to pay shipping anyway, that I would pay part of the shipping/packing to any OUT OF USA winner.
So, lets see if we can bump this up a bit for the IBC. If you've been sitting on your hands to keep them from touching the keyboard to bid....now is the time to get off your hands!

Here are a few pictures.
Regards,
Dale

A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot - Page 2 Ibc_ov10

A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot - Page 2 Ibc_ov11

A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot - Page 2 Ibc_ov12
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Reeve Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 pm

$300

What a beautiful pot Dale
Regards
Steve

Steve Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:53 pm

Thank you so much Steve.
Another Ausie bidder.
Kewl!
Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Way to go Dale!!!!! thumbs up

Nice to see you have raised the bar, superb! Get bidding folks its all for a great cause

All the best

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:25 pm

Here is a better shot of the inside of the pot.

Dale

A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot - Page 2 Bamboo46
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  irene_b Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:09 pm

And the other pot? Suspect
Irene

irene_b

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:50 pm

irene_b wrote:And the other pot? Suspect
Irene

The other pot was pulled from the auction. As bids rose I wanted to replace it with something I considered nicer.
It's still around Irene Wink
Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Since the bidding has moved on quite well, thumbs up and most people ( who are interested) have had enough time to make a decision whether to 'leap' or not, we are going to shorten the auction a bit. Instead of Wed. 11th we are going to close it down on Saturday 7th. at Midnight here in Ohio, USA.

So, you have 3 more days to decide just how heavily you might dare to cut into your next Porsche 911 payment! Sad

Remember, if you are out of the USA I am now going to also pay a portion of the shipping to you.

Also, this would make a nice bonsai Christmas present for a loved one ( or yourself! ) santa

Regards and good luck,
Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:30 am

what time is it there now? how long have we got? cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:50 am

Antonio,
Your post came in at 11:30 PM according to my email notification.
It is now 12:44AM here in Ohio and no further bids,
so, Steve Reeve is the winner of this auction with a high bid of $300.
I guess I'll be sending another pot to Australia.
Congratulations Steve! thumbs up Dance
Thanks to all who showed an interest and especially those that bid so generously. I appreciate it and you've done a great service to the IBC. ThumbsUp

Regards,
Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:03 am

congrats cus; looks like im coming up there to check it out. ya lucky i went down for an arvo kipper. Sleep Shocked Razz cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:09 am

Congratulations from all the Mods at Burrs... well done Steve Shocked

Back to top Go down

A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot - Page 2 Empty Thanks Dale

Post  Steve Reeve Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:05 am

Thanks Tony - hope your Burrs weekend was a ripper.

Antonio, you are welcome up anytime to envy the pot. Perhaps we can have a tinny or two and discuss trees Very Happy

My biggest thanks go to Dale.......not merely for making such a beautiful pot, but moreso for putting it up for auction.
Whilst I outlayed $300 with knowledge that the proceeds go to IBC, I have a pot to enjoy and reflect upon.

Dale, you have not only incurred the cost of clay, power to fire, and labour hours, you have foregone profit as well.
It doesnt take too long to figure out who really made the donation to IBC. As we say in Australia, good onya Dale.

Regards
Steve

Steve Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Thanks again Steve.
and,
Antonio....I have NO IDEA what an 'arvo kipper' is??
Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:43 pm

'arvo kipper' would be a sleep in the afternoon, if my inbuilt Aussie translator unit isn't malfunctioning! Very Happy

THe IBC owes Dale and Steve a huge thank you for getting the Pot Auctions off to such a great flying start.

I'll be announcing the next auction in a week or so.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:59 pm

yes folks instead of putting in the last minute bid such a siesta was had instead. Rolling Eyes cheers now for the next one. Cool
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:24 pm

Steve,
I happened to run across the link to this thread while removing old posts from my Facebook early 'Timeline' and began to wonder if the pot ever found a tree?

Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Reeve Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi Dale
My apologies for not responding earlier.

Unfortunately I still havent a tree which does the pot justice but I have one cooking which should be ready in another year or two.......

In the interim I have kept this pot warm with a "Too Little" Benjamina ficus.

Without doubt it is the best pot in my collection and for that matter that I have seen. I am glad you put it up for auction to support IBC with the funds. I am even more glad that you had a little kip Antonio and I was able to steal it from under my southern cousins nose Very Happy
Regards
Steve
A Chance To Help Out The IBC AND Win A Dale Cochoy Pot - Page 2 Too_li14

Steve Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next