More on the winter sihouette show in NC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More on the winter sihouette show in NC

Post  JimLewis on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:36 pm

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8qRFXxjLKbkc2pNRVRHdms5ZjA&usp=sharing_eid

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: More on the winter sihouette show in NC

Post  Kev Bailey on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Some beautiful stuff on show there, Jim.

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleJoe on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:06 pm

I was there on Sunday Jim, where you?

LittleJoe

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin stoeveken on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:21 am

really, really rad stuff there, jim...

before falling for bonsai, i really enjoyed looking at the skeletons in the winter as i indulged in my various winter activities...
but, now the appreciation is... well, "more informed" is all i can come up with to explain it...

anyways, theres a couple i was wondering about and so i was further wondering if it would be ok to re-post any of the images (only on this forum!) in order to discuss or ask questions about a particular tree (and i'm not asking just for myself)

AAC Original Milwaukee Wi. Chapter - North America

aka beer city snake
link to ARBOR ARTS COLLECTIVE BLOG

kevin stoeveken

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:53 pm

The link was sent to members of the Blue Ridge Bonsai Society. The pics are by Joe Noga.  He says the are for viewing -- free -- but I have no authority to sanction individual pics being separated.  They're already likely to show up in any number of inappropriate places.  

More info on them is -- reportedly -- available in Bill Valavanis' blog.  http://valavanisbonsaiblog.com/2014/12/16/winter-silhouette-bonsai-expo-part-2/

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin stoeveken on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:57 pm

thats ok... perhaps some of the artists will post some individual trees for discussion...

AAC Original Milwaukee Wi. Chapter - North America

aka beer city snake
link to ARBOR ARTS COLLECTIVE BLOG

kevin stoeveken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:18 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum