Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ficus Pumila

+4
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
JimLewis
Bruce Winter
jake4bonsai
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ficus Pumila - Page 2 Empty Ficus pumila

Post  Bruce Winter Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Thanks David, I see what you mean. If there were enough tendrils on that shorter branch I could bring it up a bit but on both branches, all of them really, there are bare areas where I have to move leaves back and forth.

Bruce Winter

Back to top Go down

Ficus Pumila - Page 2 Empty Re: Ficus Pumila

Post  jake4bonsai Wed May 31, 2017 12:32 pm

Hey Bruce, remember me? Ficus Pumila fever. lol. Resurrecting an old post. About 2.5 years old to be exact. Wondering if I can talk you out of that ficus yet? My birthday IS coming up in June, lol. My cuttings are now just a bit thicker than a pencil, I'm going to be dead before I get a tree out of these things!!
jake4bonsai
jake4bonsai

Back to top Go down

Ficus Pumila - Page 2 Empty Ficus Pumila

Post  Bruce Winter Wed May 31, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi Jake. Still got the fever eh? Even if I wanted to let it go how would I get it to you? Very restrictive laws here about plant material entering or leaving.
Here's a shot from last November. It's been losing about half it's leaves about 3 times per year. It did 't used to do this. Anyone else experience this?Ficus Pumila - Page 2 P1020511

Bruce Winter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruce Winter Wed May 31, 2017 8:10 pm

It took forever to upload this pic. I just kept trying different things 'till it worked. Also, the only way I can get here is a link from an email. If I enter http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ I get a blank page. Any ideas?
When I click the above link...blank page. Odd

Bruce Winter

Back to top Go down

Post  jake4bonsai Wed May 31, 2017 11:04 pm

That is just a great tree, I keep a picture of it on my phone for inspiration. I didn't think there was a problem shipping plants to and from Hawaii. David Fukumoto does it often. I was going to buy a tree from him several years ago until I asked to see a photo and he flipped out on me. I been trying to get people in Florida and California to collect me one but I can't get anyone to do it. Ficus Pumila definitely don't thicken as quickly as other ficus. I don't know why they aren't everywhere because they're fantastic for bonsai. Out of everyone I know in bonsai you are the only one I know that has a ficus pumila bonsai. Jerry Meislik had several but killed them all! There are pumila starter plants sold all over the internet and even at big box stores as house plants but there all paper thin. I wish some of these tropical bonsai places would raise some. With the picture problem, I'm not sure what's going on there. I use Facebook mostly. I was looking up pumila again, seen your tree, clicked it and it brought me back this thread.
jake4bonsai
jake4bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruce Winter Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:45 am

Thanks Jake. Sure wish I could ship it and a few others. The market is dead here.

Bruce Winter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2