Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter pear

+13
William N. Valavanis
Todd Ellis
Hank Miller
Richard S
JimLewis
MrFancyPlants
giga
Leo Schordje
Tom Simonyi
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Precarious
-Daniel-
BobbyLane
17 posters

Go down

Winter pear - Page 2 Empty Re: Winter pear

Post  Tom Simonyi Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Jim....thanks for providing the history of this tree....really marvelous. Thank you.
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:09 pm

Jim, your pear is looking awesome these days. I haven't been on the forum much this year and I now see that you are having health issues; I pray you feel better; sending prayers and light.
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:55 pm

Jim,
So sorry to hear about your health. Hope you feel well during the Xmas season!

Your pear bonsai is beautiful and truly reflects the love and years you have put into its training. It shows "agedness in a container" which cannot be quickly achieved. Great Job!

Here are a couple of photos of my Robinson Contorted Bradford Pear that I displayed this past weekend at the Winter Silhouette Exhibition. More photos on my blog at:

http://valavanisbonsaiblog.com

Winter pear - Page 2 Pear-s10

Winter pear - Page 2 Pear-w10
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Thanks, Bill. I wanted to get to that show, but it would have been a bit too much, I'm afraid. VERY Nice pear. Mine has never bloomed (or, of course, fruited).

Got lots of family arriving in a week or two, including my just-turned-teenage, (but still a sweetie) granddaughter. Most will stay through New Year when we'll all share the Hoppin' John for good luck in the coming year.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  JudyB Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:24 pm

JKL knows well how much I love this pear of his. I am so happy you posted a naked shot for the winter.

I am saddened to hear of your ill health, and am wishing you the best holiday season with your family.
Thanks for all the help you've given freely to me and others- it is much appreciated.

JudyB

Back to top Go down

Post  juniper07 Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:41 pm

juniper07
juniper07

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:30 am

Hi there,

"I'm IBC"

I mean, I remember Jim Lewis. We exchanged a couple of private messages, like friends. He played music with Elizabeth Cotten.

Now he's gone. But to me, he's part of our common history, and he was a nice man, he was.

I don't believe in god, or heaven, but if he did I think he's sitting next to his god, for he was a very good man.

Winter pear - Page 2 2-41
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  juniper07 Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:08 pm

AlainK wrote:Hi there,

"I'm IBC"

I mean, I remember Jim Lewis. We exchanged a couple of private messages, like friends. He played music with Elizabeth Cotten.

Now he's gone. But to me, he's part of our common history, and he was a nice man, he was.

I don't believe in god, or heaven, but if he did I think he's sitting next to his god, for he was a very good man.

Winter pear - Page 2 2-41

I'm so sorry to hear. Jim's posts were so informative that I remember looking forward to any posts under his name. May he rest in peace. He will be missed, definitely by me....

I noticed that for some reason, most bonsai folks either play a musical instrument or are into some art. I personally love sketching; charcoal & graphite being my medium of choice although I occasionally dabble in pastel as well. It seems as if there is either a correlation with bonsai, art, and music or some kind of influence between them.

Aman
juniper07
juniper07

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:18 am

juniper07 wrote:... ...It seems as if there is either a correlation with bonsai, art, and music or some kind of influence between them... ...
Each and everyone is a means of expression. Either bonsai, or music, or painting, or sculpting, or any art form. This is Art.
ΟR,
Bonsai evokes sentiments. So does any art form. Hence the propinquity.
Very Happy
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down