Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The passing of Paul Goff

3 posters

Go down

The passing of Paul Goff Empty The passing of Paul Goff

Post  dick benbow Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:57 pm

As a receipiant of his newsletter and avid student of his book on bonsai display, I was heartbroken to learn of his passing. It came in an email this morning. what a loss to the bonsai community and the efforts to encourage display....
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

The passing of Paul Goff Empty Re: The passing of Paul Goff

Post  fiona Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Very true indeed, Dick.  I met him several times and every time I went away with a smile - not to mention several scrolls as well.

Kev has put a post on behalf of IBC in Announcements if people wish to add their comments there.

https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t16145-goodnight-paul-goff
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:32 pm

I didn't know Paul but it is always a great loss when someone with his experience and associations  passes, it is a loss for the entire bonsai community.  It's like losing a critical component from an integrated sound system.  Things may work but something will be missing, the sound may be there but not as rich, the color not as vibrant  and the feeling not as acute.   I understand he was an artist and that doubles the loss.  To his family and close friends I say I'm deeply sorry for your loss. The last few years have seen a number of members we have come to depended on, pass the torch to the next generation which is still stumbling in the dark without them.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:12 pm

nicely expressed, thanks
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content