Larch installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Larch installation

Post  Jeremy on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:28 pm

My larch bought from Bob Hill at Dragon's auction. Re-wired and started the creation of some pads.
Tried a couple of variations. Poor lighting today. Apologies for the poor quality.

1-IMG_8801 by urobeam, on Flickr

1-IMG_8807 by urobeam, on Flickr

1-IMG_8837 by urobeam, on Flickr

Fun to play.

Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Re: Larch installation

Post  Jeremy on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi,
In another thread it was suggested the scroll was a little small. So today I played around with some others.

1-IMG_8860 by urobeam, on Flickr

1-IMG_8862 by urobeam, on Flickr

1-IMG_8859 by urobeam, on Flickr

Normally I try and avoid trees in the picture. This does have to my eye, an Autumnal feel.

This one is a famous Shrike scroll. very austere, which i also like and feel it gives that feeling of the  high mountain chill.

1-IMG_8880 by urobeam, on Flickr

1-IMG_8878 by urobeam, on Flickr

Finally, a traditional Autumn scroll. Like the size, but the acer leaves are a little too warm and cosy for the feeling I wish to express.

1-IMG_8883 by urobeam, on Flickr

1-IMG_8886 by urobeam, on Flickr

1-IMG_8888 by urobeam, on Flickr

Are they an improvement ?

Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm

The first of the new ones worked best for me, though I would have preferred a less vibrant color for the scroll background (when the scroll is part of a bonsai display). Lovely scroll, well done tree, effective display. And I like the table.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:53 am

Jeremy wrote:Hi,
In another thread it was suggested the scroll was a little small. So today I played around with some others.

1-IMG_8860 by urobeam, on

Firstly Your Bonsai is very nice Jeremy.

This is the scroll that I would choose.  My reason.  It looks antique... sold immidiately!

Secondly the colours - the Orange and Turquoise Im sure are right opposites on the colour wheel, creating an eye catching contrast!

Thirdly:  The Canopies of the trees... that of the Bonsai and the Canopies of the trees that run in perspective in the scroll, creates the illusion of trees standing on a bank of a vast river (supported by the blue-turquoise again)...the grasses bending in the breeze on the opposite side.....

I love it!

Love Light and Awakening

Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum