i'm a newbie here

View previous topic View next topic Go down

i'm a newbie here

Post  bricks on Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:25 am

hello everybody..am a new member here..I'm from the Philippines and this is my first thread here in IBC..just want to share my favorite tree for the start.its a desmodium literati about 18 years of age....more power and god speed

mario

bricks
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  irene_b on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:25 am

I still enjoy this tree son Mario, no matter that it is not one I can have here.
Post pics of you bougie.. Cool
Mom

irene_b
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  waway on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:43 pm

Welcome Mario. Very nice tree you got there.

From where in the Philippines are you from? I'm also from Philippines (Cebu City).

Its nice to have more "kababayan" around here.

Regards.

Warren

waway
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  bricks on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:17 am

HI Mom..its good to see you here...i was surfing the net when i acidentally open this forum...and saw you and some of our friends in bT in here..am really glad seeing you again..i miss all of you...btw hows everybody?i miss the chat very much...i hope bill and Ash are allright.i've heard Ash has been hospitalized, hope he's ok now...thanks again Mom....yup i'll post the bougie next time.... Surprised Have a nice day Mom!


( WaRREN )

Hello Warren...yeah i saw your post here the first time i open the forum and when i saw the bantigue i knew right away its ours...pinoy na pinoy....
anyway i'm from QC.fairview to be exact.yeah me too am glad to see a kababayan here...hope we can talk more on this forum...you're lucky having new bantigue materials.its hard to find good quality pemphis materials here nowadays...if you have to time to visit Manila just let me know...

thanks again.

MArio

bricks
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  waway on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:50 am

Thanks Mario, I just hope it will thrive but this will take a very long time to train. Bantigue is my obsession and sometimes I lose my patience because of its very slow growth, already killed a couple of trees Embarassed . Yes we can talk a lot about things in this forum, at least we are more or less familiar with our native specie. I will let you know if ever I will visit Manila.

Btw, how long have you been into bonsai? Looks like you got a lot of good trees at the background. As for me, I just started last April and got hooked ever since especially on bantigue and red balete.

Thanks again and God bless.

Warren

waway
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  bricks on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:11 am

waway wrote:Thanks Mario, I just hope it will thrive but this will take a very long time to train. Bantigue is my obsession and sometimes I lose my patience because of its very slow growth, already killed a couple of trees Embarassed . Yes we can talk a lot about things in this forum, at least we are more or less familiar with our native specie. I will let you know if ever I will visit Manila.

Btw, how long have you been into bonsai? Looks like you got a lot of good trees at the background. As for me, I just started last April and got hooked ever since especially on bantigue and red balete.

Thanks again and God bless.

Warren

you need a lot of patience training that bantigue...3 to 4 years and you'll see how it'll look and believe me its all worth it...I've been in bonsai since 2000 i guess, but am not that good you know...am still a newbie rabbit ...i've got a lot of good materials before--but some were sold already...am in a landscaping business so some trees never stayed with me very long...this year is not a good season for me -so i decided to sell most of the trees... i just left some pieces that i like for my own collection...i personally like bantigue, bluebell and some ficus species...i have a good friend here who is very good in raising bantigue , the picture below is one of his collection...am thinking of owning this material if i got lucky maybe next month... Laughing ....if you have time to visit-we'll drop by at his place and believe me you'll be amazed to see some of his collections....

you can text me @ 09283747039, if ever you'll be in Manila...or who knows i'll be in Cebu?last december i was in bohol..i thought of visiting Cebu too but i have nobody to visit there...so i cancelled the trip...maybe next time i'll be lucky cyclops ...

thanks.

Mario

bricks
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  bricks on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:21 am

irene_b wrote:I still enjoy this tree son Mario, no matter that it is not one I can have here.
Post pics of you bougie.. Cool
Mom



as you wish Mom..heres the bougie.... bounce




bricks
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  waway on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:41 am

bricks wrote:

Wow that's very nice bantigue Shocked can't wait to see it in its prime with lots of foliage. I say Go For It!!! cheers

What soil mix are you using for your bantigues? How do you take care for it (newly collected material and for those established ones)...fertilizers used and fertilizing schedule? Seawater spraying? And others? I'm still very naive with regards to bantigue cultivation Sad

Nice bougie you got there. And you got so many nice trees and "bantigues".

Maybe I will also be lucky to be able to go to Manila Dance

Warren

waway
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  bricks on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:02 am

waway wrote:
bricks wrote:

Wow that's very nice bantigue Shocked can't wait to see it in its prime with lots of foliage. I say Go For It!!! cheers

What soil mix are you using for your bantigues? How do you take care for it (newly collected material and for those established ones)...fertilizers used and fertilizing schedule? Seawater spraying? And others? I'm still very naive with regards to bantigue cultivation Sad

Nice bougie you got there. And you got so many nice trees and "bantigues".

Maybe I will also be lucky to be able to go to Manila Dance

Warren

last year i have more than 300 trees ...but some are commercial in value and fortunately i was able to disposed all of it...now am just taking care of some remaining pieces ..those trees i like to keep.i don't have bantigue as of now...i have less than 100 materials before but all of it has also been sold...am eyeing for a new material but i want better than those i have before.the one i posted was my friends and its for sale....i was thinking maYBE owning it but have to work hard first cos the prize is not so cheap cyclops ....

my friend is so good with these specie..and he gave me some basic pointers how to take care of it...here we used 50-50 mixture of riversand and volcanic soil for the medium..red cinder or black is ok..just make sure that your material is properly anchored and secured to the training pot to avoid unnecessary movement of the tree..
we used bagoong as primary food...i cup=4 liter of water...sprayed during the day ...once a week...after 2 days saltwater during late afternoon watering...avoid cutting and pruning during rainy season...when it start developing branches and foliages you can used complete fertilizer say every month...1/2 teaspoon= 1 gal of water...there are so many different ways to train bantigue....and honestly until now i am a beginner as far as this mighty bantigue is concerned..but am willing to learn more on this and it feels good when somebody helps ang give some inputs about raising this specie...funny but Am dreaming to write a book about this tree--the title? Very Happy 1001 WAYS TO RAISE A SINGLE PEMPHIS!.. Razz .....am in #50 now.. Smile still researching for 951 ways more Twisted Evil

i remember i wrote a short article about pemphis months ago...if you have time you can visit bonsaisouth and look for my postings there..bricks is my username there too....hope that will helps you taking care of the precious bantigue Smile


thanks...

mario.


Last edited by bricks on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

bricks
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  bricks on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 am

hi warren,heres the exact adress of the article.hope it helps
...

cheers.


http://www.bonsaisouth.com.au/cms3/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=77&func=view&id=2460&catid=6&limitstart=30


Last edited by bricks on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

bricks
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  bonsaistud on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:58 am

G'day Bricks...

Good to see your fantastic trees again...

How's your coffee shop doing?

Pat

bonsaistud
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  ogi uyehara on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:42 am

bro welcome to IBC!!!


ogi uyehara

ogi uyehara
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  bricks on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:06 pm

( PAT )


hi Pat..thanks...i miss all our friends--Mom is here too...:0)

( OGIE )
hey Pre...long time no see..how are you..Hows PBSI? i wasn't able to attend the pevious meeting dahil sa out of town projects...have you visit romy dino lately?...i was his frequent visitor, neighbors na kmi. Smile he has a lot of new materials...still dreaming pa din to own one... bounce ...but just looking at his creations while drinking cofee with him on sunday mornings is good enough for me Cool .....hope we meet there sometime...text mo lang ko pag sched ka visit dun......

regards and god bless.

mario

bricks
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  waway on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:45 pm

bricks wrote:
last year i have more than 300 trees ...but some are commercial in value and fortunately i was able to disposed all of it...now am just taking care of some remaining pieces ..those trees i like to keep.i don't have bantigue as of now...i have less than 100 materials before but all of it has also been sold...am eyeing for a new material but i want better than those i have before.the one i posted was my friends and its for sale....i was thinking maYBE owning it but have to work hard first cos the prize is not so cheap cyclops ....

my friend is so good with these specie..and he gave me some basic pointers how to take care of it...here we used 50-50 mixture of riversand and volcanic soil for the medium..red cinder or black is ok..just make sure that your material is properly anchored and secured to the training pot to avoid unnecessary movement of the tree..
we used bagoong as primary food...i cup=4 liter of water...sprayed during the day ...once a week...after 2 days saltwater during late afternoon watering...avoid cutting and pruning during rainy season...when it start developing branches and foliages you can used complete fertilizer say every month...1/2 teaspoon= 1 gal of water...there are so many different ways to train bantigue....and honestly until now i am a beginner as far as this mighty bantigue is concerned..but am willing to learn more on this and it feels good when somebody helps ang give some inputs about raising this specie...funny but Am dreaming to write a book about this tree--the title? Very Happy 1001 WAYS TO RAISE A SINGLE PEMPHIS!.. Razz .....am in #50 now.. Smile still researching for 951 ways more Twisted Evil

i remember i wrote a short article about pemphis months ago...if you have time you can visit bonsaisouth and look for my postings there..bricks is my username there too....hope that will helps you taking care of the precious bantigue Smile


thanks...

mario.

Wow "bigtime" bonsai enthusiast ka pala Mario Shocked I don't think you are a newbie to bonsai scratch . You have that many trees, been doing business, known many enthusiasts from around the world, friends with some big names in Phil. bonsai, travel a lot for bonsai... and still a newbie? Ano na lang kaya ako Sad

If you are finished with your book I will be one of those who will buy it. You mentioned about Romy Dino, I heard his name several times. Romy Dino = Bantigue Laughing . A friend of mine asked me to accompany him to a certain Jess Cuenco who just recently bought Bantigues from Romy and it was very AWESOME cheers but knowing the price I could just stare and be mesmerized (I even forgot to take pictures). And if you don't mind I have a lot of questions for you... Wink
Questions:
- by bagoong, do you mean the food stuff that is sold at the wet market?
- why it is not advisable to prune during rainy season?
- we don't have any available volcanic rock at 1in size, what would be a good alternative/substitute?
- when talking about river sand, how do you actually "use" it? sift it? if needs sifting, do you use the fine sand that drops from the mesh or the small rocks/pebbles that remains on the mesh?
- how to make it backbud?

Mario, pasensya na ha maraming akong tanong.

Warren

waway
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: i'm a newbie here

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:02 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum