Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acacia cyanophylla

2 posters

Go down

Acacia cyanophylla Empty Acacia cyanophylla

Post  Tom Simonyi Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Acacia cyanophylla Acacia10

Initially I had some difficulty in identifying this species, but was finally able to do so.
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Acacia cyanophylla Empty Re: Acacia cyanophylla

Post  Andre Beaurain Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:15 am

Well I never! Does it flower in the pot? Ho did you identify it?

This plant was brought into our Country in the 1700, to stabilize the Cape dunes...... O dear Lord, how did we stuff up Nature!... Now the most hated plant in South africa....growing like wildfire killing all the fynbos underneath.

The sad thing is, that we will never win the battle in eradicating this mess form our coastal belts. In I think in a 1000 years Africa will lay waste with the Port Jackson.

Fauna and Flora have now introduced a Biological fungal attack for the Port Jacson. But its such a slow process, and they germinate and mature so quickly.

So Tom..... nice line and form and tapering on your....emmmmm vulgar tree... hihh hi Im sure its well loved in Australia though.... Wink

Love Light and Awakening
Andre

Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Simonyi Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Thanks, Andre....good hearing from you, and I appreciate the history tidbits about this species....I was not aware. Thank you for that. Actually, when I first acquired the plant it did have remnants of what appeared to be yellow flowers....which were subsequently pruned away. Hopefully at some time down the road it will flower again.

Best regards,
Tom
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down