Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repot newly bought Ficus microcarpa now or in spring

3 posters

Go down

Repot newly bought Ficus microcarpa now or in spring Empty Repot newly bought Ficus microcarpa now or in spring

Post  pikkenix Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:47 pm

I bought a Ficus microcarpa a few days ago. I wonder if I should repot it now in the beginning of the fall or better wait until spring?
I intend to have it indoors exept during the warmest months.

Regards
Daniel

pikkenix

Back to top Go down

Repot newly bought Ficus microcarpa now or in spring Empty Re: Repot newly bought Ficus microcarpa now or in spring

Post  Precarious Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:56 pm

I have a very ugly ficus benjamina that I 'experiment' with to test the limits of what can be done in regards to handling repotting, low nighttime temps, different soils, etc. My plants are now inside for the winter. I repotted this ficus about a week ago, and it has started putting out a few new leaves already. The ficus I am not experimenting with, I repot in Summer when they are in full growth mode. Same with Schefflera, Eugenia Myrtifolia, Fukien Tea and Brazilian Rain Tree. I generally don't repot any of those in the Spring, but I plan to in the future with my ugly ficus experimentalis, heh.
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Repot newly bought Ficus microcarpa now or in spring Empty Re: Repot newly bought Ficus microcarpa now or in spring

Post  JimLewis Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:31 pm

If it is one you like -- you "bought" it, so I assume it is -- I'd wait for the proper time -- early mid summer.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  pikkenix Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:59 pm

Thanks!

pikkenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down