Shohin Willow Leaf Ficus

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Shohin Willow Leaf Ficus

Post  Ryan on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:14 pm

This pot problem won't be an issue if this tree dies like it's trying to....It's lost a ton of leaves and the leafless branches are dying off.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  coh on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:54 am

Ryan, what did you spray it with? That sounds like a rather severe reaction; perhaps the mixture was too concentrated or you put it in too much light after spraying? I've never had a willow leaf drop lots of foliage due to a move or spray of any kind. The 2 I have were shipped to me from warmer climates and they only dropped a little foliage after spending multiple days in a box.

Good luck.

Chris

coh

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:53 am

coh wrote:Ryan, what did you spray it with? That sounds like a rather severe reaction; perhaps the mixture was too concentrated or you put it in too much light after spraying? I've never had a willow leaf drop lots of foliage due to a move or spray of any kind. The 2 I have were shipped to me from warmer climates and they only dropped a little foliage after spending multiple days in a box.

Good luck.

Chris

It was the premixed Bonide horticultural oil. None of my other trees reacted negatively to it at all.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  DougB on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:56 pm

Ryan could it have been the oil and not the pesticide?

DougB

Back to top Go down

Post  tmmason10 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:18 pm

I think it was quick to spray, I mean you only had it a week. I would have let it be for a few weeks until it had adjusted to its new environment and popped new buds.

tmmason10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan on Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:30 pm

tmmason10 wrote:I think it was quick to spray, I mean you only had it a week. I would have let it be for a few weeks until it had adjusted to its new environment and popped new buds.

It was actually pushing new growth, which is why I figured it had settled in.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan on Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:00 pm

I think the biggest problem is the fact that all the growth on this tree was on small, thin branches. It was used to the bright, bright, Florida sun, so when it was moved here the sun wasn't nearly as strong. Then, when it moved indoors the light was nowhere near bright enough to support the tree's small growth.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  MrFancyPlants on Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Be sure to give it plenty of time to recover. My entire collection of tropicals looked like toast after my 3 week vacation where the reservoir wasn't refilled in my mop strand irrigation system. Don't over water, Don't fertilize, but don't let it completely dry out and wait. It took some of my trees a full month to bud back out again.

MrFancyPlants

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:25 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum