Forum is slowly dying...it need YOUR help!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Forum is slowly dying...it need YOUR help!

Post  kevin stoeveken on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Poink88 wrote:
beer city snake wrote:
duuuuude... how can you have the patience to grow a bonsai when you have no patience for a reply to your threads... Suspect
You missed the point.  Not after anything but for people to be engaged..hopefully start a conversation.

I thank you for being engaged though. Wink

i really don't think i missed the point because a quick scroll through some of the sub-forums (questions, diseases, discussion) shows that only a very tiny percentage of posts do not get a reply, and some only a few, while the vast majority have numerous replies, so i kind of think that what you meant, and actually what you wrote, was that no-one was replying to your threads (in a timely manner)...

and the ones that have generated the most discussion actually have a lot to discuss
(i.e. not just a cool-ass stump in a nursery pot)

hell, i even directed you to a thread of mine that, while not to everyones traditional taste, was at least interesting, and no-one except members of our sub-club commented on it, despite numerous views... and did that bother me ? hell no... Evil or Very Mad because i dont need to be validated by others...

i'm not trying to be mean spirited by pointing any of this out,
i'm just "calling 'em like i sees 'em" cyclops

so no offense intended Smile

and now i would like to "unsubscribe" from this thread Wink

peace ! flower

_________________

AAC Original Milwaukee Wi. Chapter - North America

aka beer city snake
link to ARBOR ARTS COLLECTIVE BLOG

kevin stoeveken
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Forum is slowly dying...it need YOUR help!

Post  Poink88 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:40 pm

beer city snake wrote:i really don't think i missed the point because a quick scroll through some of the sub-forums (questions, diseases, discussion) shows that only a very tiny percentage of posts do not get a reply, and some only a few, while the vast majority have numerous replies, so i kind of think that what you meant, and actually what you wrote, was that no-one was replying to your threads (in a timely manner)...

Yep, you missed it.  Read my quote from JKL's post.  He was "sure" people will comment if I post some of my trees.  I did and it didn't happen.  WHY?  Because the people are not (yet) engaged (THAT is MY POINT).

It is not due to lack of people (due to time zone difference, material not worth commenting on, etc.) it is because those who viewed are either used to just lurk, afraid to post, etc.  That (culture) is I what I am trying to change.

Just now I posted the 1st response to Sam's thread he posted on March 27.  Great trees but no response for almost 6 months! Shocked

Can't agree more to this post of Yvonne (on another thread of mine)

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:....some just get the answer they wanted, and do not bother to responce.... silence..
Some people expect conversations on their treads, but do never speak on other peoples treads....all this can be a kind of offputting, and FB is the answer to that for many

Sad that we want "quality posts" but only waiting for it.  We need concerted effort for it to come.  You think I (or Yvonne, or Sam, etc.) will continue posting our trees or stone if no one posts a reply anyway?  I know I won't.  Sorry, that is the truth.

Poink88
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Forum is slowly dying...it need YOUR help!

Post  JimLewis on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:18 pm

You missed the point.
P.S. I won't be surprised if you do not understand this message either.

Maybe you can understand if . . .
That (culture) is I what I am trying to change.

I am a newbie but I am trying to do my share. If I fail, it is not because I didn't try.

Dario . . . these are just a few of your immortal words in this thread alone.  You might look them over and see if you don't spot just a hint of hubris and more than a bit of condescension in what you say.  If you are hoping to win friends and influence enemies here, you might want to bite your tongue every now and then.

_________________
Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Forum is slowly dying...it need YOUR help!

Post  Poink88 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:25 pm

JimLewis wrote:
Dario . . . these are just a few of your immortal words in this thread alone.  You might look them over and see if you don't spot just a hint of hubris and more than a bit of condescension in what you say.  If you are hoping to win friends and influence enemies here, you might want to bite your tongue every now and then.

Hubris it is.  It is what I am trying to do and I am not hiding it.  Whether it works or not, I do not know but I know something has to be done. Whether my approach is the right one, I also do not know.  If you have better ideas, PLEASE do it.  You, keep on hitting me won't make this place any better.  That much I know.

Poink88
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Forum is slowly dying...it need YOUR help!

Post  fiona on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:25 pm

How ironic that a thread about engaging should have become so unengaging.

In the interests of continued sanity, consider it, erm, "disengaged". Wink

_________________
"Espouse elucidation"
_____________________________________

my website

fiona
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Forum is slowly dying...it need YOUR help!

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:36 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum